POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sorry so late guys but everything is still up in the air. The update is Payton wants total control of the GMs job building the team because he says he doesn’t know if he can have a winning record with some else controlling who puts the team together. That is what they are working on.

If he actually wants to be in AZ, he'll have to put a bit of water in his glass of wine.

He can make a shopping list and be fully consulted on personnel matters, but in the end, it has to be a consensus between GM, AGM and H-C.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Honestly it seems the most logical way to do things. I don’t like the idea of a GM dictating what player to draft or sign and saying to a coach , “ Here’s what I got you.”
Please no more dysfuntion.

HC: I need a linebacker
GM: I got you a safety, make it work.
HC: I need a CB
GM: I got you better, a slot corner
HC: I need a center
GM: We don't have the budget, use a guard, we have plenty of those.
HC: For the last time I need a linebacker, preferably outside linebacker to cover TEs and RBs in the flat.
GM: Can't you just ask the DE the drop into coverage?
HC: I recommend we draft these players on my list, can't miss and can't bust. No way we can screw this up.
GM: Hold my beer kid.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
If Sean wants to be here he will. If he doesn’t he won’t.

He holds the cards.

@BritCard mentiined taking home the tier 3/4 girl from the night out after loosing out on tier 1/2.

When I’ve brought it to home plate with tier 1/2, they already decided they were going to hump Speedy, long before any pickup line I may think I had. In fact, I’ve said some of my the stupidest ish ever to tier 1/2, and somehow they laugh, slap their hands in my lap, and we end up having coffee in the morning.

It’s mostly because they wanted me.

PS- I’ve taken home the tier 3’s and 4’s (“consultations”), and ended up with some of the best sex ever.

Hopefully MB knows what he is doing lol…..

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
THere was a tweet saying Payton had friction with denver and carolina regarding level of control.

Payton responded and said thats false and the owners were great.

May not be relevant to us but he may be trying to downplay the narrative that he wants full control

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

He holds the cards.

@BritCard mentiined taking home the tier 3/4 girl from the night out after loosing out on tier 1/2.

When I’ve brought it to home plate with tier 1/2, they already decided they were going to hump Speedy, long before any pickup line I may think I had. In fact, I’ve said some of my the stupidest ish ever to tier 1/2, and somehow they laugh, slap their hands in my lap, and we end up having coffee in the morning.

PS- I’ve taken home the tier 3’s and 4’s (“consultations”), and ended up with some of the best sex ever.

Jesus Christ, did you have to say hump? lol

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
That’s great and all but what’s the compensation to NO…. It matters.
I was told the compensation was agreed upon when they asked for permission of an interview with him. What that is I wasn’t told.

If I were guessing I would say #35 & next years #3. Pure guess just an opinion

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

He holds the cards.

I think its called taking leftovers or desperation. Like I gotta get something before they run out.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Think people are forgetting Loomis still holds the deck.

If Loomis is asking for any firsts, Bidwill better say “Hell no”. Hell, or any seconds either.

That being said, this is a pumpfake. It’ll be Flores.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
No chance these talks happening without compensation already basically agreed upon.

If Loomis is asking for any firsts, Bidwill better say “Hell no”. Hell, or any seconds either.

no

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Like Buck and has been mentioned before, compensation was agreed to when permission was granted. It's why originally only 3 of 5 teams were granted permission...2 said no, then 1 of them said yes a couple days later. Can't remember if it was Houston or Carolina.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose