POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m was all excited about Payton to Cardinals but now worried he will not get out of the Broncos interview without being signed. I need to temper my expectations here

Payton is going to tour every team he can and play them all off against each other for the biggest pay day possible. Unless the Broncos straight up offer him silly money. Which I guess is possible with their pockets.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Payton is going to tour every team he can and play them all off against each other for the biggest pay day possible. Unless the Broncos straight up offer him silly money. Which I guess is possible with their pockets.

Well, it was reported that he turned down a Miami offer of $100m over four seasons last year.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Welp. Payton to Chargers

*in a couple weeks*
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Imagine playing starters that late in a game where you can't change your seeding.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Spanos is such a cheap owner, doubt he pays what it takes to get Payton
Add in the fact the fan base sucks in LA for the Chargers. No matter how much they win, it's still like playing away games, or at best neutral site games every Sunday in LA. Payton is used to a rabid fan base and loud stadium in New Orleans.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Add in the fact the fan base sucks in LA for the Chargers. No matter how much they win, it's still like playing away games, or at best neutral site games every Sunday in LA. Payton is used to a rabid fan base and loud stadium in New Orleans.

Very true as a Chargers to Cardinals convert myself when they left SD. Also don’t think Spanos would part with a 1st or 2nd.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Liking and being a fan of are 2 different things. When's he's talked about Murray (combine clip or on Cowherd) he's almost trying to not smile or look giddy, IMO. I think he's actually salivating to see what he can do with Murray.
Why Payton is the top of my list is because I think he can legitimately challenge Murray while also getting his buy in. He can walk in the Cardinals HQ and demand Murray to get better and Murray can't exactly say, "Meh. You're that loser who has been jocking for me since I was in high school."

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why Payton is the top of my list is because I think he can legitimately challenge Murray while also getting his buy in. He can walk in the Cardinals HQ and demand Murray to get better and Murray can't exactly say, "Meh. You're that loser who has been jocking for me since I was in high school."
Well that and Kyler's been in some form of the air raid since 7th or 8th grade. Even with Kliff's tweaks it appears he either tuned out or got burnt out on the system.

Kyler has to listen, focus and buy in because he'd have no choice. Also its one thing when Burrow or Herbert pass him up. Its another thing seeing the likes of Tua and Jalen Hurts. I think he'd be eager to learn from someone like Payton to get better.

netsnjkidd

Veteran
Reaction score
Sean wanted to prove to people he could make wildcat qb taysom hill a nfl starter qb. I definitely think he is very interested in being able to actual coach the qb version of taysom hill in kyler.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson