POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So n=1?

This narrative is BS Shane.

I have no idea how many people are on this board but might want to let that .01 go.

Oh there’s more… another defended it In This thread and there are more then that. Lol

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course you would lol

Absolutely don’t want anyone associated with that scandal. For a guy that’s all about players and their safety would think you would too. But hey whatever.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Obviously I'd take him. (Although I do agree with Shane, I hate the bounty thing.)

But I can't fathom it happening - not because I think we're completely unappealing if we get rid of Keim, just that there's potentially going to be some more premiere roles available.

I give Kyler a really hard time, but he does have tantalizing ability. If you're an experienced coach that thinks he can bring discipline to his game, that's more appealing than going to the Commanders or Texans, two organizations also having top-level problems.

Similar for the Raiders... Carr doesn't look to be the answer there, so what's next?

NWMike

Rookie
Reaction score
I can't imagine him coming here just due to the control he'd want over the organization and Bidwill's reluctance to outbid other franchises. If/when Kliff is sent packing we'll have our pick of either washed up coaches looking for another shot, ala Buddy Ryan/Dennis Green, or 2nd tier assistants looking for a first shot ala Whisenhunt/Joe Bugel. The Cardinals are never the destination for the hot prospect.

OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Obviously I'd take him. (Although I do agree with Shane, I hate the bounty thing.)

But I can't fathom it happening - not because I think we're completely unappealing if we get rid of Keim, just that there's potentially going to be some more premiere roles available.

I give Kyler a really hard time, but he does have tantalizing ability. If you're an experienced coach that thinks he can bring discipline to his game, that's more appealing than going to the Commanders or Texans, two organizations also having top-level problems.

Similar for the Raiders... Carr doesn't look to be the answer there, so what's next?
Probably less than 30% chance. I think he gets the Chargers job.

Michael would really have to give him full control. Is he that desperate? He should be. Even then it is a long shot.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Probably less than 30% chance. I think he gets the Chargers job.

Michael would really have to give him full control. Is he that desperate? He should be. Even then it is a long shot.
Pardon my ignorance, but has Payton expressed wanting full control? I can't remember reading it. He's a bit older and might not have all of the energy for full scouting and such.

Maybe final authority over decisions? I dunno.

OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but has Payton expressed wanting full control? I can't remember reading it. He's a bit older and might not have all of the energy for full scouting and such.

I meant control of Who the GM is not control of personnel like in Vegas with McDaniel.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
That is a sick dysfunctional fan base - the dude Is the most unsportsmanlike person in the history of sports on earth. He approved bounties on our player in our circle of honor for heavens sake. Let your kids play for the rotten SOB - mine ain’t.
that hometown movie is ludicrous, sickest morals ever, epic, huge. We can have a great coach that isn’t immoral. We deserve that.

ARIZONA CARDINALS (III)
"Hail Chicago Cardinals"​

WAV: Vocal, V. Banonis (1200 Kb)

Hail Chicago Cardinals, crimson and white,
We'll back you ever, down the field we'll fight.
We'll whip the Green Bay Packers, Rams and the Bears,
We'll take Detroit and Pittsburgh, and do it fair and square.
Hail Chicago Cardinals, crimson and white,
Down the field we'll fight, fight, fight.
- - - by Elmer Angsman, Vince Banonis, Bill Blackburn, & Garrard Ramsey, 1946​

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He may want control of who the GM is not necessarily taking on the role himself. Kinda like The Hoodie but Bill is seemingly deeper into the GM decision making process