Please let this be true - Payton possibly linked to Cards and Chargers per Bleacher Report

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
I like Kliff Kingsbury and thought it was amazing last year seeing television talking heads calling for a 7-0 head coach to be fired. I had never seen or even heard of anything like that, with that being said though... " Of course you have to hire sean payton if he wants to coach for the Cards ..
My biggest concern is that Keim seems to be the problem over any coach. Watching the Cowboys game is just reminding me how Kyler Murray was telling Keim that the Cards should go for CeeDee Lamb even if they had to move up to get him. I like Isiah Simmons but Keim blew that draft like so many others.. Then he trades a 1st round pick for Marquise (Hollywood) Brown to try and cover the fact that he blew the Lamb draft pick and that's just an example. I'm sure many on this board can post lots of examples of Keim's blown draft picks and mistakes. My point being that I really don't think it matters who the head coach is when the GM seems to be the problem.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
True, Bidwill’s net worth is estimated at $1.4 billion. However that’s deceptive. The bulk of his wealth is not liquid but rather comes from his ownership share of the Cards’ $2.1+ billion value. He’d either have to sell, in which case he wouldn’t care who’s the coach or he have to borrow with the Cards as security. Bad time to borrow with interest rates rising. Also who’d make that move just to change coaches. He needs to keep the Cards profitable and sadly he doesn’t have to win to do that as ticket sales are fine and TV revenues will rise.

Yup Bidwills are one of the poorest owners in the league. Still wealthy by most standards but living in a cardboard box compared to some. Nearly all their wealth is the Cardinals.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup Bidwills are one of the poorest owners in the league. Still wealthy by most standards but living in a cardboard box compared to some. Nearly all their wealth is the Cardinals.
If you really believe they can't come up with an extra 20 million dollars a year to pay a coach, you vastly underestimate how much money an NFL team makes.

Also I have to point out, I don't think anyone knows how much or if any of Kingsbury's extension is guaranteed. At least I haven't heard.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you really believe they can't come up with an extra 20 million dollars a year to pay a coach, you vastly underestimate how much money an NFL team makes.

Also I have to point out, I don't think anyone knows how much or if any of Kingsbury's extension is guaranteed. At least I haven't heard.

Oh no I believe that. It's not their money, that's Cardinals money. They can easily afford it.

Just as they could easily afford the $32m over 5 years it would cost to fire Kliff and Keim.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I like Kliff Kingsbury and thought it was amazing last year seeing television talking heads calling for a 7-0 head coach to be fired. I had never seen or even heard of anything like that, with that being said though... " Of course you have to hire sean payton if he wants to coach for the Cards ..
My biggest concern is that Keim seems to be the problem over any coach. Watching the Cowboys game is just reminding me how Kyler Murray was telling Keim that the Cards should go for CeeDee Lamb even if they had to move up to get him. I like Isiah Simmons but Keim blew that draft like so many others.. Then he trades a 1st round pick for Marquise (Hollywood) Brown to try and cover the fact that he blew the Lamb draft pick and that's just an example. I'm sure many on this board can post lots of examples of Keim's blown draft picks and mistakes. My point being that I really don't think it matters who the head coach is when the GM seems to be the problem.

I get tired of the "should have drafted Lamb" stuff. If we were going to draft a WR in that draft the right pick would have been Justin Jefferson. We could have traded down quite a few spots and got arguably the best current WR in the NFL.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I get tired of the "should have drafted Lamb" stuff. If we were going to draft a WR in that draft the right pick would have been Justin Jefferson. We could have traded down quite a few spots and got arguably the best current WR in the NFL.
Either Jefferson or Lamb would have been great picks for us. This team SORELY needs a bigger receiver. Simmons has been a disappointment for me, but I blame VJ and his system more than I blame Simmons. Our current regime needs to go, or we will continue to waste whatever talent this team has. And this team does have some talent. Problem is we have HORRIBLE coaching on both sides of the ball. KK/JV are bad coaches.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either Jefferson or Lamb would have been great picks for us. This team SORELY needs a bigger receiver. Simmons has been a disappointment for me, but I blame VJ and his system more than I blame Simmons. Our current regime needs to go, or we will continue to waste whatever talent this team has. And this team does have some talent. Problem is we have HORRIBLE coaching on both sides of the ball. KK/JV are bad coaches.
This

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In fact Jerry Sullivan told the Cardinals to draft Justin Jefferson, told them he was the best WR in the draft but Keim didn't listen.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter who we would have drafted. It would have been the wrong choice. Evidence on this has been pretty clear.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose