Playoffs: Nuggets @ Suns Friday game thread 5-5-2023 - Game 3

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Never thought we'd see him play worse than last year's playoffs, but here we are. He just seems disconnected and disinterested.
I just saw this. KD had another poor shooting game but he has NEVER looked disconnected and certainly not disinterested. Disappointed in himself, yes. He will be back.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Too bad. It's time to win games.

Williams should use all three centers next game. Landale's max is around 20 minutes, Biyombo can provide a different defensive look, and Ayton might be more aggressive if he isn't worried about monitoring his foul count.
Yup, agree... it can't hurt, and will throw a wrinkle that Denver will have to make at least a cursory adjustment to.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could you imagine if they did offer Ayton and the Nets said no?

They did. That's why the deal didn't happen in the off-season. The Nets didn't want Ayton.

To be fair, it would have been a sign and trade for Ayton so the Nets would have been hardcapped for the year so there's more layers to it. There wasn't an issue during the deadline though, the Nets didn't want Ayton at all then. They wanted Bridges. So now we're here.

Austin Zonie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It doesn’t really work that way. Say he only misses 3/4 shots a game. How many are you allowed to miss? 3?2? Well now you’re getting into a level of efficiency no one in history has been at.
I don’t follow your comment. You absolutely can have highly efficient shooting stats AND miss layups that you could have dunked.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad. It's time to win games.

Williams should use all three centers next game. Landale's max is around 20 minutes, Biyombo can provide a different defensive look, and Ayton might be more aggressive if he isn't worried about monitoring his foul count.

I didn't understand why Biz didn't get some minutes tonight.

Maybe it was because Monty didn't want to destroy what is left of Ayton's confidence.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just saw this. KD had another poor shooting game but he has NEVER looked disconnected and certainly not disinterested. Disappointed in himself, yes. He will be back.

Eventually they’re going to fall.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t follow your comment. You absolutely can have highly efficient shooting stats AND miss layups that you could have dunked.

How many shots is a player who shoots 60% allowed to miss then.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't understand why Biz didn't get some minutes tonight.

Maybe it was because Monty didn't want to destroy what is left of Ayton's confidence.
Landale looked really active tonight. Plus Landale got 3 easy buckets where Biz missed a bunch last game. I think Monty is trying to find any kind of contribution since Ayton has been so bad.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is about to get toxic again
Not good at all for the locker room. The thing is, we were flat-out better tonight without Ayton on the floor--he can't deny that. I don't envy Monty having to handle this situation.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What happened during the timeout?
The entire team jumped up to cheer on the guys down the stretch. Ayton pouted and didn’t get off the bench like the rest of the team. Even the guys that didn’t play got up.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Trying to imagine what Ayton would have said in the presser after the game:

"Glad we won tonight. My intensity was up, so had some unfortunate foul calls. Need to do better on that, but I thought I did pretty good considering that. I like where we are at this point, and feel good about myself. I guarantee the next game is gonna be a big one for me."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave