playoff history favors Arizona and is against Tampa Bay and Green Bay

Red Samurai

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
The NFC top 3 teams are now tied with the best record at 10-3. As of now, Green Bay wins the tiebreaker and are currently at #1 seed, followed by Tampa Bay at #2, then Arizona at #3.

I had mentioned many times that the Cardinals are 5-0 all time in playoff home games. But if we don’t get the #1 seed, that’s okay. We are 7-0 on the road this season and won every road game in double digits. The 49ers of 1984 are the only other team to win 7 consecutive road games in double digits in the same season and they won that SuperBowl that year. Let’s hope to finish undefeated on the road this season as we have to play @Detroit and @Dallas and win them in double digits too. Since the merger, I believe that there were 7 or 8 different teams that went undefeated on the road and each one of them won at least one playoff game. Most of them reached the SuperBowl and even won it.

Another reason to think the Cards are heading to the SuperBowl is the bird team drought. Since the Ravens joined the NFL in 1996 making it 5 bird teams in the league, a bird team has appeared in the SuperBowl very often. There has never been a SuperBowl bird team drought longer than 3 seasons since the Ravens joined. The last time a bird team made it to the SuperBowl was in 2017-18 season when the Eagles beat the Patriots. The last 3 SuperBowls did not feature a bird team, therefore, this season is bound to have a bird team. The Cards and Ravens are the only 2 bird teams currently with a winning record. So we can just hope the Ravens don’t advance to the SuperBowl so we can get that bird team SuperBowl appearance instead.

The Packers are not going to advance to this season’s SuperBowl because ever since the realignment in 2002-03, they had never been able to win 2 playoff home games in the same post season. Before the realignment, the Packers were 13-0 at home in the playoffs. They have gone 7-6 at Lambeau Field in playoffs ever since. Being a #1 seed (and #2 seed now) will mean having to win 2 playoff home games to reach the Super Bowl. Green Bay is more than likely to get at least a #2 seed, and I don’t see them winning 2 playoff home games.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will not be in this season’s Super Bowl because they won 3 playoff games to advance to the Super Bowl the previous season. They are the 5th team to ever do that winning 3 playoff road games. The other 4 teams to achieve that before them were:

1985-86 New England Patriots
2005-06 Pittsburgh Steelers
2007-08 New York Giants
2010-11 Green Bay Packers

Those 4 other teams to advance to the Super Bowl winning 3 road playoff games would not have any success the next season. All of them either missed the playoffs or they lost their first playoff game. I can see the same thing happening to Tom
Brady. They might get lucky to win their first playoff game, but they aren’t going to win 2

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson