PLAYOFF GAME - ROLL CALL - WHO'S GOING TO LA?

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Right by your seats I found a pulled pork sandwich that wasn't too bad. That's about it though.
I just wish they put more local flare or effort into the concessions. @ State Farm Stadium (especially in the upper level), the concessions are so generic.
I haven't been to many other NFL stadium but I know at many MLB stadiums the concession food seems way more diverse and local. For example, when we went to a baseball game in San Francisco (Giants), the stadium food had local favorites like Ghirardelli ice cream, Dungeness crab, Street Tacos from Mission District, etc...
Even our Triple A baseball stadium at least has Dion's Pizza.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
They have decent variety. It’s the execution/quality that’s lacking. I hosted top clients in our company suite during Cards game in regular season and was not pleased with the food.

Here is an article from preseason:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just wish they put more local flare or effort into the concessions. @ State Farm Stadium (especially in the upper level), the concessions are so generic.
I haven't been to many other NFL stadium but I know at many MLB stadiums the concession food seems way more diverse and local. For example, when we went to a baseball game in San Francisco (Giants), the stadium food had local favorites like Ghirardelli ice cream, Dungeness crab, Street Tacos from Mission District, etc...
Even our Triple A baseball stadium at least has Dion's Pizza.

I never gave concessions a second thought before this last game because we always tailgated with Andy. There was no need to buy food except maybe peanuts and water. Rude awakening on Christmas day game.

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm going to lean towards P&R again. But I see quite a bit of irony between not trusting the science of a vaccine, but then also trusting science enough to let a large Q-Tip so far up your nose it gets close to your brain... so that you can attend a sporting event?
Samedayheath has rapid antigen in 30 minutes and are open on Saturday and Sunday multiple locations in California.
With insurance is 20$

They have a free with insurance PCR test <72hr

I have people at work used them recently for international travel and their results come fast even now with the surge in testing demand.

Quagmire

The thread killa strikes again
Reaction score
They have decent variety. It’s the execution/quality that’s lacking. I hosted top clients in our company suite during Cards game in regular season and was not pleased with the food.

Here is an article from preseason:

Yuck, I'll make sure we eat before we arrive. Thanks for the heads up

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Okay Bird Gang... who's making the trek to the coast to catch this sucker live in person and what kind of seats you got?

Me, @Ouchie-Z-Clown and @daves are all sitting together with friends and little ones. Got 8 tix together to represent the red at the 50 yard line. And we're tailgaiting with my best friend and his father (and a couple others from their Phoenix contingent) who I started going to games with back in the opening 1988 Season.

I am beyond geeked up. Haven't been to a game since... gasp... 2019. That's insane. I'm usually at least 3-4 home games every year. Gonna make a day of it and get there when parking lot gates open at 2 (which is lame for a 5 pm game... should be earlier). But should be a blast.

Who else is going, where y'all coming from and where y'all cheering from?
didnt you promise everyone a party at your house??... or was that just for the super bowl?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Man with finding a place with testing available, this far in advance and it’s a freaking holiday that’s a great idea with no workable solution right now!!! Aaaaagghhhkkk!
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

2 tests for 20... around here amazon usually delivers in less than 48 hours

okay...sorry, so they dont allow home tests... by what I was reading I thought maybe they tested you as you walked into the game..
thats a bummer...
have the kid fake symptoms,...take him to the ER... be a hysterical parent and demand a covid test... they will know in twenty minutes

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Im in. Reading Sofi covid rules and if not vaxed then need PCR test within 48 hours or antigen (rapid test) within 24 hours. The problem is that the game is on a Monday and clinics arent open on Sundays to get rapid test. Can go on Saturday for PCR test but thats risky because these testing centers backed up and need results by Monday obviously. The only solution for us ‘non-science believers’ is to go get rapid antigen on monday? Anyone else have any solutions they found? Much appreciated. Thanks
And that Monday is a holiday. This is a cluster.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
didnt you promise everyone a party at your house??... or was that just for the super bowl?

that was for the Super Bowl, but hell... if we win, I'm a "smoke 'em if you've got 'em" kinda guy so we should get while the getting's good!

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

okay...sorry, so they dont allow home tests... by what I was reading I thought maybe they tested you as you walked into the game..
thats a bummer...
have the kid fake symptoms,...take him to the ER... be a hysterical parent and demand a covid test... they will know in twenty minutes

lol.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

thats a bummer...
You’re on fire today.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do your local Krogers not have that walk in clinic? Some of ours do. You could also try something like WalGreens.
the walgreens, CVS tests all have to be scheduled ahead of time out in LA. demand is too high for all of them to have walk-ins.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the walgreens, CVS tests all have to be scheduled ahead of time out in LA. demand is too high for all of them to have walk-ins.
Does it have to be administered in LA? Can you drive to a neighboring county where demand might not be as high?

I'm trying... lol

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Minneapolis and St. Paul restaurants just issued the same policy. I wonder if they also don’t allow in-home tests.
My friend and his wife live in White Bear Lake.

St. Paul, Minneapolis to require proof of COVID vaccination or negative test for restaurants, bars, venues​

For people opting for proof of a negative test, it must be taken within 72 hours of going to an establishment and they have to provide an email, printout or screen shot showing the result. Results from at-home tests will not be allowed.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friend and his wife live in White Bear Lake.

St. Paul, Minneapolis to require proof of COVID vaccination or negative test for restaurants, bars, venues​

For people opting for proof of a negative test, it must be taken within 72 hours of going to an establishment and they have to provide an email, printout or screen shot showing the result. Results from at-home tests will not be allowed.
Yeah. I think for people enforcing this, they probably think it’s too easy to have someone else test on those at home things and use that as proof of negativity on test.