Players that surprised you the most Game 1? (List one player both good and bad)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought about making it a poll, but too many choices to decide.

Positive: K/Von Wallace - I forgot the dude was even on the roster. I thought he played a solid game, especially on the first drive.

Negative: Josh Dobbs - I'm not sure why, but I expected more from him. There was only one throw over 15 yards in the air, right?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Good: James Conner. For better or worse, looking in mid-season form. It's difficult to see him leaving many yards on the table when he's out there.

Bad: Zach Ertz. I don't think he was washed before he came here, but he looks extremely washed right now. Less than four YPC is extremely bad.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Good: James Conner. For better or worse, looking in mid-season form. It's difficult to see him leaving many yards on the table when he's out there.

Bad: Zach Ertz. I don't think he was washed before he came here, but he looks extremely washed right now. Less than four YPC is extremely bad.
The fascination with Ertz is frustrating. Why the F did we even draft a high 2nd round pick in Trey McBride? He should be our focus and Ertz needs to be cut

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The fascination with Ertz is frustrating. Why the F did we even draft a high 2nd round pick in Trey McBride? He should be our focus and Ertz needs to be cut
Ertz played twice as many snaps as McBride which seems... questionable.

I think McBride quietly struggled in camp. Hopefully this snap share will flip.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ertz played twice as many snaps as McBride which seems... questionable.

I think McBride quietly struggled in camp. Hopefully this snap share will flip.
Same. There's also the familiarity of Ertz playing with the Eagles that McBride has to play through.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Positive: K/Von Wallace - I forgot the dude was even on the roster. I thought he played a solid game, especially on the first drive.

Negative: Josh Dobbs - I'm not sure why, but I expected more from him. There was only one throw over 15 yards in the air, right?

After one tackle, I knew I wouldn't miss Simmons.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Paris Johnson. League average pass blocking skills from the start as a rookie. Looking forward to seeing the run blocking improve.

Interior 3 OL: i know Hernandez graded out well, but i was really hoping at least one would surprise on the upside

and FWIW: I think Ertz is being showcased for a trade later

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Several guys on defense.
PJ
Bad
Dobbs. Inaccurate, fumble prone, no pocket presence.
Ertz. Literally ANY TE on any roster can do what he did Sunday.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not mad at Ertz. I was expecting this. It's mentally very tough coming back from a major injury and this often happens. Kyler likely the same.

Guys I thought played well were Wallace, Gardeck, Ojulari, Clark, Wilson, Conner, Fro, Hernandez, Dimukeje, Paris, Hollywood. Hollywood made some nice catches in his limited action. Both White and Woods were solid at LB and made some plays.

Guys I was disappointed with Dobbs obvs, although expected to some degree. Hump. McBride (if Ertz is out snapping you off an ACL something is wrong), and I was disappointed in JT and Budda. They didn't really do anything wrong, but they also didn't show up, and got outplayed by Wallace. What we saw from Wallace is what I expected from Budda in this scheme.

Far more Pro's the Con's. With a starting QB we win this one easy. But that was always the reality of Kyler being out.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
GOOD:
Edge players overall played well. Gardeck, Dimukeje, Thomas, Collins, and Ojulari all had their moments. I was happy for Gardeck to see him finally get back to the form we saw years ago. I still think Thomas needs to move to the DL full time.

BAD:
Dobbs. I think I expected to see a few more good completions and for him to show more poise. He didn't.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
When the starters play minimal in the preseason games this is the outcome, poor play from the units needing repetitions. We won’t know what we have until game 3.
I’m pretty sure we know what we have this year. But I see your point.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I'm with you bro. I'd also throw some shade at Ingram. Would have liked to see better in the few snaps he got although the blocking did him no favors.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson