Players that need to go

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Tackling is a huge requirement for the safety position, a lot of posters are overlooking that.
Yessir. If PP was the last line of defense the Cards would be in more trouble!

I truly believe opposing NFL coaches can see he’s an average player now. People do not fear Pat P whatsoever!! Something tells me the Cardinals think he’s more ugh :bang:

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with trading Larry to a contender even if it means eating part of his salary. A journeyman tight end can easily take his place in Kingsbury's offense.
What has he had , four targets in two weeks? Two of those were behind the LOS. Ridiculous. I find it very hard to believe we can’t find a way to get him 5-6 catches a game.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If our CB's weren't so horrible, I would want Pat at FS also.

Right now Vance is the only one who needs to go. Kliff needs to figure out his scheme quick though.

And we need to get Kyler on the VR headset, and practicing his touch over the middle from 5 to 25 yards on crossers, and posts. Too many sky balls IMO.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Keim is the one that needs to go. Dude has had years to put together a competitive roster, and it always falls short. He, also, personally hired Joseph, and that has failed miserably. This team will never be relevant with Keim at the helm.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Totally agree. Peterson is a shell of himself & if Keim resigns him he should be fired!

I personally would put PP on the trade block to the highest bidder tomorrow.

He may be a shell of himself, but he is still our best corner.

Trading him is basically tanking, and I don't think we should be doing that at this point.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was on the “resign Peterson” before the start of the season train, but it looks like letting him play out his contract has been the wise move through 4 games...Even with the INT today.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Some observations from today:
  • Kirkpatrick seems to always “almost” make a play. I do like him though.
  • Murphy is very up and down.
  • Peterson was horrible, but I’m wondering how much of it is scheme. Do we ever press receivers?? On a side note, was he playing safety on his INT? I know some of you said you were against it for various reasons but he could be a ball hawk..
  • Curtis Riley is a terrible player, D. Thompson was bad too but he did have a couple redeeming plays..
  • Hicks and Campbell were adequate.
  • Reddick showed he should be a situational player
  • Jones was adequate, he beat his guy a few times but couldn’t get home in time. Had a couple run stops as well. Doesn’t seem as dominant though.
  • DL was mixed. Phillips played well I thought. Fotu stood out somewhat too. But very little penetration.
  • The OL is still a mixed bag, with the interior being the worst IMO.
  • Hopkins is running either screens, comebacks or quick outs it seems like the majority of the time. Where are the crossing routes?
  • Fitzgerald/Kirk I’m just not sure. Stop throwing screens to Fitzgerald.
  • Isabella should have caught that.
  • Seems odd that Edmonds is always the passing down back. I feel that’s one of drakes strengths too but he’s rarely utilized in that way.
  • And finally, Murray needs to stop overthrowing receivers

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
PP would be a huge liability tackling as a safety

everybody was crying for a ball hawk deep safety.. and he would be exactly that. I would rather have a ball hawk then a good tackler at free safety, because we can’t seem to get any turnovers

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
He may be a shell of himself, but he is still our best corner.

Is he still our best CB? If he is that’s like saying yesterday’s turd taste as good as today’s.

everybody was crying for a ball hawk deep safety.. and he would be exactly that. I would rather have a ball hawk then a good tackler at free safety, because we can’t seem to get any turnovers
Peterson is a ballhawk? Wow. I hate to tell ya this but this isn’t 2015. He’s done! The only thing that could possibly do that (a slight chance) is if he changes his mindset.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Is he still our best CB? If he is that’s like saying yesterday’s turd taste as good as today’s.

Peterson is a ballhawk? Wow. I hate to tell ya this but this isn’t 2015. He’s done! The only thing that could possibly do that (a slight chance) is if he changes his mindset.

It’s a lot easier to watch the QB when you’re playing deep safety instead of CB

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
As Chopper has mentioned in another thread we are not playing Peterson to his strength. He's a man corner, we've been playing poo zone this whole time. Peterson is a big bodied CB who wants to put his hands on someone.

Snoopdog323

Veteran
Reaction score
“Fail time” Peterson is trash now. He isn’t going to take a pay cut either.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As Chopper has mentioned in another thread we are not playing Peterson to his strength. He's a man corner, we've been playing **** zone this whole time. Peterson is a big bodied CB who wants to put his hands on someone.
I have to disagree. He played tight more than once and gets beat repeatedly on slants and crossing routes and would have been torched for a long td have Bridgewater not overthrown the ball.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As Chopper has mentioned in another thread we are not playing Peterson to his strength. He's a man corner, we've been playing **** zone this whole time. Peterson is a big bodied CB who wants to put his hands on someone.
The thing is, he can’t play man either.

He just sucks overall a**.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I have to disagree. He played tight more than once and gets beat repeatedly on slants and crossing routes and would have been torched for a long td have Bridgewater not overthrown the ball.

Haven't seen him put his hands on anyone within 5 years of the los.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like I’m not understanding

Peterson is getting beat in man & zone

It’s not a overreaction

It’s okay to admit that he’s trash now

Folks here have no problem saying Budda is despite outplaying PEDerson for the past 2 seasons

It’s okay to admit it. Nothing is gonna happen

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way of knowing at this point.
Dude he was a Teddy overthrow from getting toasted by Robbie on a TD lol

in man

also got dusted by Robbie on a slant

in man

Like have we even been watching the same team let alone player for the past 2 seasons

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
PP21 played all of his productive years for the Cards. I don’t see him being anything more than a contributor elsewhere. Talking about any future with Patrick Peterson and this franchise is a waste of breath.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
And y’all called me crazy when I wanted to trade him before the draft two years ago

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just hope Peterson is gone after the season & his fanboys go with him too