Players I'd Like Left...

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sign Wilcox and I consider it a good offseason.

Here's the minutes breakdown:
PG- Nash(30)/Dragic(15)/Barbosa(3)
SG- Richardson(23)/Barbosa(25)
SF- Hill(28)/Richardson(10)/Clark(10)
PF- Frye(24)/Amundson(15)/Wilcox(9)
C- Amare(38)/Lopez(10)

Is Frye a pf or c in the Suns system? I think he is a c. Clark is not going to be third on any depth chart. He might come off the bench, but he's going to get 15-20 minutes. That's why they aren't interested in signing Wilcox.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

C- Amare(38)/Lopez(10)

Why is Lopez only getting 10 minutes a game? I don't see the Suns giving him that few minutes. He needs to play to have a shot at getting better.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

C- Amare(38)/Lopez(10)

Where is Dudley on the SF minutes breakdown not to mention Tucker at guard. Certainly Dudley can play on the NBA level.

Last edited:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

C- Amare(38)/Lopez(10)

As another poster pointed out you are missing Dudley and these minutes breakdowns can be somewhat pointless as they don't account for a virtual certainty.

Injuries.

I do like the idea of Wilcox though. If I were the Suns I would be looking for a way to get Camby. I think he has one year left on his deal and would be a perfect stop gap even moreso then Chandler.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
That's why they aren't interested in signing Wilcox.

Actually on Gambo and Ash they said today that the Suns are still interested in signing Wilcox and are still keeping tabs on him.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
TT played well because it was a contract year. He's got skills for sure but he lacks drive and motivation.

That's true. Last time was much different. He had been traded to the Bulls from the Knicks and was then bought out several months later. This time however, he has been bought out by the Bulls after being traded there from the Knicks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually on Gambo and Ash they said today that the Suns are still interested in signing Wilcox and are still keeping tabs on him.

I hope Gambo and Ash know what they are talking about. He would be a key addition. If he and Stoudemire played together on the Suns frontline at the 4/5 (which I think would eventually happen), I can see some serious competition building between the two players. Also Wilcox would add insurance at the 4/5.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Other players who I would be interested in:
Jamario Moon
Leon Powe
Gerald Green

The problem is that Moon and Green are both at positions of strength so it would be pointless. Powe is an athletic forward who rebounds at a very good rate. He gets to the line at a high rate (#6 in the NBA in free throws per 48 minutes) and is a terrific offensive rebounder especially (#5 in the NBA in offensive rebounds per 48 minutes). Although I don't believe that per 48 statistics are of huge worth (for example I don't necessarily believe Powe is the 5th best offensive rebounder in the league), but it at least shows areas of strength.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Von Wafer is next according to the IHateGinobili guy who has recently captivated phxsuns.net.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Von Wafer is next according to the IHateGinobili guy who has recently captivated phxsuns.net.

A) I don't buy it. I am fully aware of how many stories this guy has supposably broke in the past, but I am calling his bluff on this one.

B) If it is true I don't understand it. Where are the minutes for this guy going to come from? He isn't going to steal minutes from J-Rich or Barbosa, and I would be disappointed to see any minutes taken from Dudley and Grant (possibly our 2 best defenders). If we are going to sign a player I wouldn't understand the point in it being another shooting guard.

C) What does Wafer bring to this team that we don't already have? Is he a good defender?

donmigga83

Reaction score
Irregardless is not a word. Other than that, I agree that Thomas would be a good addition. Unfortunately I still think we need a frontline player that can be a defensive presence and get some rebounds. TT is definitely not that.
This is totally off topic but I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew that irregardless is indeed actually a word. From the Websters Dictionary - Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

Sorry my wife and I argue about this too so I just had to point out that it is a word. Thanks!

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
Would love to add Powe or Wilcox.

Wafer is bs IMO - there's no immediate need unless the team feels they are going to trade JRich or Barbs.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
This is totally off topic but I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew that irregardless is indeed actually a word.

It is "a word" in the sense that it appears in dictionaries, but you won't find a single dictionary that endorses its usage. Using it is a mistake, always has been, and very likely always will be. You might as well say that "Tuscon" is "an alternate spelling" for Arizona's second largest city, on the grounds that so many people spell it that way.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

as much as i'd like to wilcox here, i just don't believe this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is totally off topic but I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew that irregardless is indeed actually a word. From the Websters Dictionary - Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

Sorry my wife and I argue about this too so I just had to point out that it is a word. Thanks!

in four years that's what you choose to discuss as your 5th post? odd.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Liked Carney out of college so I'd take a flyer on him.

Only other guy I like is Wilcox because I know he has some game left. The others shouldn't be in the league.

Warrick shouldn't be in the league? He only gets 12/5 off the bench with 53% from the field at the age of 26. Yeah, ship him to the d-league on the double. Will Bynum only put up 12 a game off the bench in the playoffs against the best defensive team in the league last year. He also put up 7 a game during the season in only 14 minutes. Both of those guys sure do suck!

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
Warrick shouldn't be in the league? He only gets 12/5 off the bench with 53% from the field at the age of 26. Yeah, ship him to the d-league on the double. Will Bynum only put up 12 a game off the bench in the playoffs against the best defensive team in the league last year. He also put up 7 a game during the season in only 14 minutes. Both of those guys sure do suck!

Warrick only got 24 mins/game on the worst team in basketball. At 27, he has essentially reached his ceiling and is a classic tweener between the 3 and the 4. You're right, he probably should be in the league as someone's deep bench guy. But the numbers don't impress me in spite of his athletic ability.

I haven't seen much of Bynum since college so I can't tell you if he "belongs". I imagine most of Bynums points came in garbage time with him going to the basket a lot.

What I do know is that there is more talented players than available roster spots. Just because a guy is talented doesn't mean he belongs in the NBA.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Warrick only got 24 mins/game on the worst team in basketball. At 27, he has essentially reached his ceiling and is a classic tweener between the 3 and the 4. You're right, he probably should be in the league as someone's deep bench guy. But the numbers don't impress me in spite of his athletic ability.

I haven't seen much of Bynum since college so I can't tell you if he "belongs". I imagine most of Bynums points came in garbage time with him going to the basket a lot.

What I do know is that there is more talented players than available roster spots. Just because a guy is talented doesn't mean he belongs in the NBA.

The "worst team in baksetball" had a better option at forward in Rudy Gay. If his ceiling is 12/5 in 24 minutes, why is he a "deep bench guy" ? I'm sure plenty of teams would love to have a guy like that. The suns, for example, could have used someone like that for years. He's also a good defender at both the 3 and 4 spots, which would have made him incredibly useful in Phoenix.

Let's make a little comparison, shall we? Diaw averaged 13/5 last year in 34 minutes. 1 more point in 10 more minutes, and in a starting role on an equally bad team. Does Diaw not belong in the league? Should he be buried on someone's bench?

Bynum's points weren't all in garbage time, as he played 14 minutes a game. Who cares if they all came with him driving towards the basket? Monta Ellis scores almost exclusively on driving, and so do a host of other NBA players.

To say that either of these guys, especially Warrick, doesn't belong in the league is ludacris, plain and simple.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
as much as i'd like to wilcox here, i just don't believe this.

ESPN Blurb on Wilcox:

15. Chris Wilcox, Knicks (UFA)
Teams interested: Wizards
Salary range: $2-4 million per year

Wilcox has enormous athletic ability and is still relatively young. However, he's struggling to find a team willing to give him big bucks.

I'd love to lock him up for a couple years at 2-4 per. I think he'd be a better option than Fry to start because he is a better rebounder, and would be just as good running and gunning. I would feel pretty good about the season if we got Wilcox.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard