PJ Back Surgery

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised there's no thread on this but apparently PJ will be out for at least 6 weeks following surgery on his lower back. He had a micro-discectomy earlier today.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Looks like the starting SF job is now Warren's to lose.

Bledsoe
Booker
Warren
Dudley
Chandler

Should have decent spacing and good ball movement with that.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Isn't Warren still recovering? My bet is that the Suns will move Booker to 3 and start two two "point guards" alongside Booker.

OP
OP
A

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't Warren still recovering? My bet is that the Suns will move Booker to 3 and start two two "point guards" alongside Booker.

Warren I believe was just fully cleared but I could see it going this way too. Hopefully though, TJ will start and get a full chance to show what he can do.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
DId PJ suffer this injury recently or has he needed this procedure for quite awhile? With camp starting a two weeks I hope he didnt wait all summer before having surgery.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If our GM wasn't such a hapless nimrod, this could be our team:

Tyson Chandler
Booker
Isaiah Thomas
Dragic
Lamarcus Aldridge

That's a contender right there.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Tyson Chandler
Booker
Isaiah Thomas
Dragic
Lamarcus Aldridge

Aldridge not coming here had nothing to do with our GM. Geez.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Tyson Chandler
Booker
Isaiah Thomas
Dragic
Lamarcus Aldridge

So the starting line up would be two point guards with booker starting at 3 (which everyone here is thrilled about:sarcasm:)?

OP
OP
A

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That lineup would leave us as a maxed out, aged, borderline playoff team. I like the potential of our actual roster if not the immediate reality of it.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Tyson Chandler
Booker
Isaiah Thomas
Dragic
Lamarcus Aldridge

It isn't a contender, Aldridge not being here had nothing to do with our GM's supposed lack of ability, it also requires ignoring that Dragic forced his way out partially because of Thomas' presence and if we had a different GM we probably wouldn't have drafted Booker.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So the starting line up would be two point guards with booker starting at 3 (which everyone here is thrilled about:sarcasm:)?
We may still end up doing that with Bledsoe and Knight until December or January at least when Bledsoe gets injured again.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

Knight is more of a shooting guard than a point guard and this scenario was always very probable regardless of PJ Tucker injured or not.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PJ's surgery/injury could be a blessing in disguise. Since he'll start the year on the bench and miss camp that should allow either Booker or Warren to play a bigger role. As quoted above it seems he's comfortable as a veteran voice from the bench, which is probably the most valuable role he could play for the Suns this season.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PJ's surgery/injury could be a blessing in disguise. Since he'll start the year on the bench and miss camp that should allow either Booker or Warren to play a bigger role. As quoted above it seems he's comfortable as a veteran voice from the bench, which is probably the most valuable role he could play for the Suns this season.

That's what i was thinking too, especially about Warren. Then we still have the new guys to play and develop.

FutureSuperstar

Veteran
Reaction score
As someone who appreciates Tucker's game (He's my profile pic!) ... I just think it's time for the organization to move on from him. He's just not that good. And his "veteran leadership" isn't needed either w/ the other few vets around AND it's time for other guys (Knight, Bledsoe, Booker, Len) to become leaders anyway. If he comes back - Warren AND Dudley should be playing more as both are better players ... Bender/Chriss should get some time too. I'd like to see Tucker play a 15 minute role the 1st half of the year, and hopefully he'll be traded mid-year

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As someone who appreciates Tucker's game (He's my profile pic!) ... I just think it's time for the organization to move on from him. He's just not that good. And his "veteran leadership" isn't needed either w/ the other few vets around AND it's time for other guys (Knight, Bledsoe, Booker, Len) to become leaders anyway. If he comes back - Warren AND Dudley should be playing more as both are better players ... Bender/Chriss should get some time too. I'd like to see Tucker play a 15 minute role the 1st half of the year, and hopefully he'll be traded mid-year

I'm not a PJ fan but I'm not a hater either. I appreciate all he's done and agree with your POV. I'd like to see him traded to a contender at the deadline or bought out to sign with one. It doesn't matter what the Suns get in return as he doesn't warrant much in a trade, definitely nothing of real value.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
When the Bucks were reportedly looking to acquire a wing player after Khris Middleton went down this summer, I was hoping that the Suns would trade Tucker to them. Kidd should like a player like Tucker. The Bucks of course ended up trading for Beasley from the Rockets. Tucker's own injury may have happened around the same time too actually.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
When the Bucks were reportedly looking to acquire a wing player after Khris Middleton went down this summer, I was hoping that the Suns would trade Tucker to them. Kidd should like a player like Tucker. The Bucks of course ended up trading for Beasley from the Rockets. Tucker's own injury may have happened around the same time too actually.
Hey in a couple weeks, they may STILL be in the market, what with Beasley's legendary longevity...

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Gerald Green was a 6-8 Gerald Green who could get so hot from the 3.

I think he is good for our balance of vets and young players. We have plenty of young studs right now. I do think PJ's role needs to change. He needs to be on the bench and then come in when things start to get out of whack with the young guys.