Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CBS Announces Burnett's Pirate Master
Source: CBS
April 18, 2007

"Pirate Master," the next epic adventure reality series from Emmy Award-winning producer Mark Burnett, will premiere Thursday, May 31 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Australian actor Cameron Daddo will host.

"Pirate Master" will send 16 modern-day pirates on a high seas adventure where they will live as buccaneers and travel around the Caribbean island of Dominica in search of hidden treasure that will total $1 million. Over the course of 33 days, these pirates will live aboard a massive 179 foot, square-rigged barque which carries 12,500 square feet of sail.

Each week, the pirates will embark on extraordinary expeditions where they will decipher clues along the way in search of missing treasure. Gold coins -- real money which the pirates may take with them beyond the show -- will be awarded after each expedition, but only to some. The gold will play a key role as pirates strike deals with each other or plead for long-term security. In addition to claiming the lion's share of the week's riches, one pirate will become the captain of the ship and will assign roles and chores to the remaining crew members, setting the tone for either law and order or betrayal and sabotage, which could lead to mutiny by the crew.

Each episode will conclude on the ship at Pirate's Court, a lively gathering of public speaking and judgment where one individual will be eliminated and "cut adrift." In the end, one will be the first to find the largest booty, worth $500,000, and claim the title of "Pirate Master."

In each episode, Daddo will distribute clues at the start of the expeditions and preside over the Pirate's Court.

Series creator and executive producer Mark Burnett explains, "'Pirate Master' breaks new ground in that it's the collision of fantasy and reality. This is a show where, in true pirate fashion, anything can happen with a group of people that live by their own set of rules and usually break them. It's adventure, excitement and loads of treasure. Anyone who ever wanted to be a pirate will love this show!"

"Pirate Master" is produced by Mark Burnett Productions. Mark Burnett and Lisa Hennessy are the executive producers. Eden Gaha and Page Feldman are the co-executive producers.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
This actually sounds pretty interesting to me. I'll give it a couple of episodes.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This show is great its like survivor on a pirate ship with all kinds of twists along the way. Some of you who like Survivor may want to check this show out!

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I saw it, don't really like it much at all. Not close to Survivor for me...

Nasser22

Reaction score
Oh, here it is. I don't like the show that much, but I'll give it a few more episodes. Who else has seen it?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show is great its like survivor on a pirate ship with all kinds of twists along the way. Some of you who like Survivor may want to check this show out!

I really wanted to watch the show but then I missed the 1st episode so I never really started watching.

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
I've seen it. I watch it. And I don't like it much either. Wonder what that says about me? Probably need a life, I guess I am too much of a reality TV junkie to stop watching once I've started.

It may be compared to Survivor but it is no where in its league. Many of challenges have been lame, so are most the participants, as is the "conniving and thieving”. We see negligible parts of life on a pirate ship which could be interesting, but there is no way it is as easy as they make it appear. These crybabies are supposed to be actually running the ship, it can't be true.

I get a little chuckle from the "cast adrift" aspect as the Pirate kicked off is sent (seemingly) out to sea on their little raft with a lantern. One or two of the contestants are entertaining but mostly we hear threats with no substance.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tried it twice, haven't gotten past 20 minutes either time.

Just seemed really contrived, picked a guy who looked like Rupert even.

And what's with voting out Christian Okoye so quickly the Nigerian Nightmare should've stuck longer.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tried it twice, haven't gotten past 20 minutes either time.

Just seemed really contrived, picked a guy who looked like Rupert even.

And what's with voting out Christian Okoye so quickly the Nigerian Nightmare should've stuck longer.

They had sudo Celebs on the show? I didn't even know that. That it was just regular joes.

Nasser22

Reaction score
I think it is for the most part. Survivor also had a former NFL player one season.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This actually turned out to be a pretty good show! It was cancelled but you can watch all episodes on website. I watched the final 4 or 5 shows to see who won. I thought it was pretty entertaining especially the last 3 shows! Winner was a bit of a surprise!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen