Phoenix Suns featured on NBA TV today

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Check it out!

It includes one of my favorite all-time regular season games of Suns at Nets, Nash vs Kidd, in a double OT thriller from 2006. Both of these guys were at the top of their game.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They’ve been on for a while now. Pretty much the last week.

#32 amare...damn

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Don't know if the programming is identical but all this week (and portions of last) NBATV here in Canada have been running games to highlight the Hall of Fame inductees (Nash, Kidd, Grant Hill, Allen)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Young Amare... siiiiiiigh. That guy was like Karl Malone and Shawn Kemp rolled into one.

But watching a few of these games what struck me most was Nash. He's the greatest offensive PG of all-time IMO. Better than Curry is now.

He made it look sooooooo easy, about half our points came from Nash dribbling into the lane and doing one of 3 things...

Immediately dishing a bounce pass or lob if a through whatever big came forward to stop him or...

Pulling up for a floater, which could be converted into a pass to either corner or lob at to a guy cutting to the net... or behind the back layoff to a guy coming from behind...

Or a fade away with all the above passing options thrown in.

And if the team tries to takeaway those options by crowding the lane in transition he will just drill a 3.

I recall reading a while back that between his time here and his last few years in Dallas his team led the league in offensive efficiency for like 8 straight years... and in one of those years it was him, Shawn Marion and a bunch of castoffs.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
No one had me more excited than Amare in year 1. That KG Game in Minny was something to see. Easy viewing at 1am on the east coast. Such violence..... And artistry at the same time.

Man.... if only his knees held up.....

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Amare’s last game before microfracture was g5 vs San Antonio. He was hitting the elbow jumper with ease and was unstoppable driving to the hole. I think the rehab allowed him to work even more on his jumpshot. The best stretch of his career numbers wise (other than the playoff run) was the second half of the 08’ season post-Shaq trade. The team wasn’t great but Amare nearly averaged 30 ppg those last 2.5 months. What happens if Duncan and Finley don’t hit those clutch 3’s in game 1 is another all time Suns’ what-if.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave