Phoenix Restaurant Advice

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wife & I are going to be attending a convention in downtown Phoenix this spring and I'm looking for advice for a great place to take our team out to dinner. To help narrow it down, we are all in the "healthy" business - so someplace organic would be awesome, Applebee's is definitely out :)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

JTS

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wife & I are going to be attending a convention in downtown Phoenix this spring and I'm looking for advice for a great place to take our team out to dinner. To help narrow it down, we are all in the "healthy" business - so someplace organic would be awesome, Applebee's is definitely out :)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

JTS

You need it to be downtown Phoenix? How far away are you willing to drive?

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Is that in a house? :)

Sounds cool - yeah, places like this :) Thanks!

JTS

It is a cool place in a fun neighborhood. I think they have art walks and other stuff on certain days, too.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Was hoping to walk - you know - breathing in all that fresh downtown air :D

JTS

Also check out happycow.net and/or the VegOut app. That'll help find anything within walking distance.

If it's not too far, Green downtown is fun and nextdoor Nami for dessert is amazing.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd say hit the Saturday Market in down town where all the local fresh veggies and fruits can be found (go early). I know some hippie mama chefs that cater as well, but you wouldn't be styled out like a restaurant, you'd probably be in one of the parks some where... but it's cheaper to pop bottles and kick back.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet Tomatoes is good, but they have them here - was hoping to find someplace unique to AZ/PHX

Thanks!

JTS

Kinda figured that after I posted it. Saw you had 3 in your area.

I posted an UrbanSpoon link that shows all of the Organic Eateries in the area also. :D

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Ron Swanson and I hate this thread.

I'm going to go shower and wash the filth of this thread off of me, then I am going to go kill something and consume it's flesh. Medium rare.

Good day.

OP
OP
jefftheshark

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ron Swanson and I hate this thread.

I'm going to go shower and wash the filth of this thread off of me, then I am going to go kill something and consume it's flesh. Medium rare.

Good day.

lol - Before you yank away my Man Card I said organic not vegetarian - I'm perfectly happy tracking down some tasty critter and wolfing 'em down - I just want to know what the poor bastard had been eating beforehand :D

JTS

And thanks again for all the great suggestions!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol - Before you yank away my Man Card I said organic not vegetarian - I'm perfectly happy tracking down some tasty critter and wolfing 'em down - I just want to know what the poor bastard had been eating beforehand :D

You must be registered for see images

JTS

:eek: