Phoenix Mercury close to acquiring Kahleah Cooper

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if they think Clark is going to stay in college one more year? If she does, they would not have been able to get Brink or Bueckers. Clark would make more money if she stays in college.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I wonder if they think Clark is going to stay in college one more year? If she does, they would not have been able to get Brink or Bueckers. Clark would make more money if she stays in college.

If one (or more) of the three go back to school then this is a great trade. If not, I‘m not a huge fan.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
If one (or more) of the three go back to school then this is a great trade. If not, I‘m not a huge fan.

With Paige announcing that she is going back to school for another year this turned out to be a great trade.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ishbia was on Pat Mcafee show today and he was all in on this trade. Mcafee also asked him about the new Mercury training facility on the way, which turns out will be the first one in the WNBA. Mcafee commented that should bring some free agents here.

My take is she brings some elements the Mercury are missing in athleticism and speed. We were beat all season by teams just having more of both than us. I hope this roster gets more competitive in those areas.