PFF: OBJ tests positive for Covid

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw something this morning that says with the rapid surge in Covid this week in the NFL, the league is looking into the possibility that Antonio Brown wasn't the outlier they thought he was, that is that SOME of the vaccinated NFL players might not have actually been vaccinated and may have done the same thing Brown did.

the NFL thinks the surge is related to Thanksgiving and players getting together with families but they're quite concerned with the numbers and apparently after the Brown case there were "rumors" that he was not the only one who simply got a fake vaccine card and said I'm vaccinated.

Over 60 players have tested positive in the last 2 days, and apparently lots of team personnel too.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saw something this morning that says with the rapid surge in Covid this week in the NFL, the league is looking into the possibility that Antonio Brown wasn't the outlier they thought he was, that is that SOME of the vaccinated NFL players might not have actually been vaccinated and may have done the same thing Brown did.

the NFL thinks the surge is related to Thanksgiving and players getting together with families but they're quite concerned with the numbers and apparently after the Brown case there were "rumors" that he was not the only one who simply got a fake vaccine card and said I'm vaccinated.

Over 60 players have tested positive in the last 2 days, and apparently lots of team personnel too.
I have multiple family members (wife, daughter, sister, niece) that work in a hospital environment, both here in PA, but also in NYS. Hospitals are well over capacity & it's not just Covid. Seems to be many sick people right now. As far as Covid is concerned, here in PA, over 90% of the cases are those that are unvaccinated. Those who are vaccinated that have still contracted Covid are not getting nearly as sick unless they have serious health issues to begin with. My family members in NYS (Syracuse) are saying the same thing. I agree that many athletes, not only NFL athletes, may have fake vaccine cards.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Myron Rolle, ex NFL player was on CNN and he said something similar he said NFL teams thought the vaccine was the be all end all and they relaxed protocols on masks, hand hygiene etc and they need to refocus and may even need to "shut it down" for a few weeks and get it under control.

Sucks, last thing I want at 10-3 is no football but the way it's going it's pretty crazy. The good thing is nobody is getting seriously ill.

So lets say they finish the regular season. Obviously Covid is going to have an impact on who gets in...but they listed a pretty crazy stat on Monday night...26/32 teams are within 1 game of a playoff spot as of Monday night...so not much they can do about that.

Now, before the playoffs start, they pause for 2 weeks. Everyone gets "healthy"...both Covid and Non-Covid. They force playoff teams into a quasi bubble...where anyone that will be within 6 feet of players has to quarantine....Families, Refs, TV personnel, etc....and then they stay in that bubble until they are eliminated? Its possible. I know there will still be non-bubble people at the stadium, but no one should be in close contact with players.

I actually think it could improve the quality of the playoffs...especially if they let all the teams do an IR reset...meaning they can take players off IR during the 2 week pause, even if they normally wouldn't have been able to. You would increase the chance of having your star players playing on the biggest stages. Watt would be back. Henry would be back etc.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So lets say they finish the regular season. Obviously Covid is going to have an impact on who gets in...but they listed a pretty crazy stat on Monday night...26/32 teams are within 1 game of a playoff spot as of Monday night...so not much they can do about that.

Now, before the playoffs start, they pause for 2 weeks. Everyone gets "healthy"...both Covid and Non-Covid. They force playoff teams into a quasi bubble...where anyone that will be within 6 feet of players has to quarantine....Families, Refs, TV personnel, etc....and then they stay in that bubble until they are eliminated? Its possible. I know there will still be non-bubble people at the stadium, but no one should be in close contact with players.

I actually think it could improve the quality of the playoffs...especially if they let all the teams do an IR reset...meaning they can take players off IR during the 2 week pause, even if they normally wouldn't have been able to. You would increase the chance of having your star players playing on the biggest stages. Watt would be back. Henry would be back etc.

the concern about fans of course is homefield advantage. They know from last year no fans had a real impact on home field advantage.

I seriously doubt the NFL is going to postpone games but the fact that connected people like Myron Rolle are discussing it means it's possible and I'm sure even though the NFL has clearly stated they have no intention of doing that they will just forfeit games, it may wind up coming to that.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine them changing the Super Bowl date unless something catastrophic happens.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine them changing the Super Bowl date unless something catastrophic happens.

My guess is they would just cancel games. If they had to say ok everyone's played 13 games, next 2 games are cancelled. Everyone in a bubble. Test again then play last 2 games and start the playoffs as scheduled.

But right now even the sick guys are actually ok. I mean OBJ torched us and then tested positive the next morning, so while they are very concerned about the increase, it's not clear if they have to do anything beyond just up the requirements for masks and testing

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is they would just cancel games. If they had to say ok everyone's played 13 games, next 2 games are cancelled. Everyone in a bubble. Test again then play last 2 games and start the playoffs as scheduled.

But right now even the sick guys are actually ok. I mean OBJ torched us and then tested positive the next morning, so while they are very concerned about the increase, it's not clear if they have to do anything beyond just up the requirements for masks and testing
I put the odds of what your suggesting happening Russ at right 0.34567%

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
19 Browns on the covid list. Welcome to Omicron. Can teams add players temporarily to fill covid list spots?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NFLPA stepping it up saying we've been demanding daily tests since before the season. Unvaxed players get tested daily, vaccinated once a week. NFLPA is saying if the NFL doesn't agree to increase they will be very unhappy.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I'd like to think the Seahawks have a chance unless Aaron Donald isn't on the Covid list.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
the concern about fans of course is homefield advantage. They know from last year no fans had a real impact on home field advantage.

I seriously doubt the NFL is going to postpone games but the fact that connected people like Myron Rolle are discussing it means it's possible and I'm sure even though the NFL has clearly stated they have no intention of doing that they will just forfeit games, it may wind up coming to that.
Cue Daves

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard