Peterson

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Anyone else concerned that he may be playing out the string in AZ.

How will that be addressed this draft?

Other likely positions of turnover after this season.

RB - Drake
RG - Sweezy
NT - Peter's
WILL - Campbell
CB - Alford

* Baker should be offered a new contract.
* LARRY Fitz same.
* Chandler extended.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Him and Chandler Jones are our best defensive players. True studs. Same age. They have at least a couple years left. Considering the sad state of our defense, letting PP go would be a huge mistake. If Okudah indeed slips to us, don't hesitate and field a really good secondary in the next couple years. We need at least one strength on defense, be it defending the pass or the run. Can't be putrid in all areas, even with a great offense. You can't win if your defense can't make any plays.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If Okudah is available, he has to be in the conversation, but you still have this season and a potential franchise 2021 that should coincide with Kyler's optimal Super Bowl window. I'm all for investing a pick at CB later in the draft, since we don't have a ton of young talent there, and he could play special teams too.

Unfortunately, all of these positions are ridiculously tenuous. You can convince me that RB is the highest priority in the later rounds (my mindset being that I want that position in great shape for that optimal year), or convince me that OL is the most important overall, since the talent is low and next year's positions are anything but locked in, but I don't know if it's worth adding some middling 3rd-4th round pick to the room.

OP
OP
WildBB

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Him and Chandler Jones are our best defensive players. True studs. Same age. They have at least a couple years left. Considering the sad state of our defense, letting PP go would be a huge mistake. If Okudah indeed slips to us, don't hesitate and field a really good secondary in the next couple years. We need at least one strength on defense, be it defending the pass or the run. Can't be putrid in all areas, even with a great offense. You can't win if your defense can't make any plays.
What if he does'nt intend to sign his extension? From what we're led to believe the two sides have already been in negotiations, but no deal. We're now on the cusp of the draft. Peterson himself may want to explore other options at this point. What's to stop him? An extension should have been done already, IF it's going to get done at all.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Knowing that a player is good makes him more valuable than a player you think may be good.

Cal it the "bird in hand" factor. But it adds value to PP21 and makes a rookie like Okudah or Henderson a bit less valuable.

That said - I could see us starting Alford opposite Peterson and drafting Okudah, Henderson or Jay Johnson for depth and to groom him to replace Alford.

OP
OP
WildBB

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Unfortunately, all of these positions are ridiculously tenuous. You can convince me that RB is the highest priority in the later rounds (my mindset being that I want that position in great shape for that optimal year), or convince me that OL is the most important overall, since the talent is low and next year's positions are anything but locked in, but I don't know if it's worth adding some middling 3rd-4th round pick to the room.

How about a 2nd. ;)

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Anyone else concerned that he may be playing out the string in AZ.

How will that be addressed this draft?

Other likely positions of turnover after this season.

RB - Drake
RG - Sweezy
NT - Peter's
WILL - Campbell
CB - Alford

* Baker should be offered a new contract.
* LARRY Fitz same.
* Chandler extended.

I have no idea why we would give Baker a bunch of money. He’s been mediocre at best despite the Pro Bowl nod this year and is horrible against the pass. We need a true FS to go along with Jalen Thompson at SS.

OP
OP
WildBB

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I have no idea why we would give Baker a bunch of money. He’s been mediocre at best despite the Pro Bowl nod this year and is horrible against the pass. We need a true FS to go along with Jalen Thompson at SS.
He does so much more than just pass coverage. He has been vastly misused by the last two DC's until Vance finally figured it out after half the year. He lays it all out there.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
He does so much more than just pass coverage. He has been vastly misused by the last two DC's until Vance finally figured it out after half the year. He lays it all out there.

I don’t disagree! Budda has the right attitude and effort everyday that ends in y. I just don’t see a special player worthy of the contract he’s going to seek. Rather spend those $$$ elsewhere and get a true single-high FS. It would free our secondary up to do so much more.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Aren’t we talking about Peterson?
Eh, goes back to a long-standing discussion. Peterson played well to close out the season, with good competition in front of him.

DVontel's insistent from thread to thread that the guy's goose is cooked.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92