Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peter Rabbit

Release date: February 9, 2018
Studio: Columbia Pictures (Sony), Sony Pictures Animation
Director: Will Gluck
MPAA Rating: PG (for some rude humor and action)
Screenwriters: Rob Lieber, Will Gluck
Genre: Comedy, Animation, Fantasy, Family

Starring: James Corden, Rose Byrne, Domhnall Gleeson, Sam Neill, Daisy Ridley, Elizabeth Debicki, Margot Robbie

Plot Summary: Peter Rabbit, the mischievous and adventurous hero who has captivated generations of readers, now takes on the starring role of his own irreverent, contemporary comedy with attitude. In the film, Peter's feud with Mr. McGregor (Domhnall Gleeson) escalates to greater heights than ever before as they rival for the affections of the warm-hearted animal lover who lives next door (Rose Byrne). James Corden voices the character of Peter with playful spirit and wild charm, with Margot Robbie, Elizabeth Debicki, and Daisy Ridley performing the voice roles of the triplets, Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously? I have no words.

Peter Rabbit Filmmakers Apologize for Making Fun of Blackberry Allergies

http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/peter-rabbit-makers-apologize-for-mocking-food-allergies.html

It’s early days yet, but the Beatrix Potter adaptation Peter Rabbit has just given 2018 its first contender for Most Controversial Film Scene of the Year. The moment in question features the eponymous CGI bunny using a slingshot to send a blackberry into the mouth of his rival, Tom McGregor (Domhnall Gleeson), who is allergic to the fruit. (The farmer goes into anaphylactic shock, but survives.) In response, Tom Mendez, CEO of the Asthma and Allergy Association of America, wrote an open letter saying the scene “encourages the public not to take the risk of allergic reactions seriously,” and noting that Sony, the studio behind Peter Rabbit, had previously mocked food allergies in Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs and The Smurfs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wasn’t as worried about seeing this as o was cringing about emoji movie (thankfully avoided), but I wasn’t looking forward to this. It surprised. Cute and entertaining. Even our 7 year old who routinely says “I hate movies” (WHO RAISED YOU?!?) laughed throughout and loved it.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn’t as worried about seeing this as o was cringing about emoji movie (thankfully avoided), but I wasn’t looking forward to this. It surprised. Cute and entertaining. Even our 7 year old who routinely says “I hate movies” (WHO RAISED YOU?!?) laughed throughout and loved it.

Ditto. Very fun and enjoyable.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard