Supporting Member
Reaction score
Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief

Release Date: February 12, 2010
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Chris Columbus
Screenwriter: Craig Titley
Genre: Adventure, Fantasy
MPAA Rating: PG (for action violence and peril, some scary images and suggestive material, and mild language)

Starring: Logan Lerman, Brandon T. Jackson, Alexandra Daddario, Sean Bean, Pierce Brosnan, Steve Coogan, Rosario Dawson, Catherine Keener, Kevin McKidd, Joe Pantoliano, Uma Thurman, Ray Winstone

Plot Summary: It's the 21st century, but the gods of Mount Olympus and assorted monsters have walked out of the pages of high school student Percy Jackson's Greek mythology texts and into his life. And they're not happy: Zeus' lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect. Even more troubling is the sudden disappearance of Percy's mother. As Percy adapts to his newly discovered status as a demi-god (his father is Poseidon), he finds himself caught between the battling titans of Mt. Olympus. He and his friends embark on a cross-country adventure to catch the true lightning thief, save Percy's mom, and unravel a mystery more powerful than the gods themselves.

You must be registered for see images attach

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen this yet? I'm on the third book in the series, fun reads. Not Harry Potter-level, but very fun reads and fast paced.

We'll be watching the movie as soon as my daughter finishes the first book. She just finished Lord of the Rings, Fellowship and we'll be watching that movie too.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Anyone seen this yet? I'm on the third book in the series, fun reads. Not Harry Potter-level, but very fun reads and fast paced.

We'll be watching the movie as soon as my daughter finishes the first book. She just finished Lord of the Rings, Fellowship and we'll be watching that movie too.

The movie is really different from the book.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have. It was very average IMO. Would entertain the kiddos easy enough. But for my $$$ I would pick How to Train Your Dragon before seeing this. Then I would see the Dragon movie again before seeing this.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since we've read the books, it will probably be fine for us overall if you thought it was average, Shane. Or, we'll be pissed since it's a book movie. :)

We're seeing the dragon one too though, that looks great. But it will be a weekender and I think we'll be seeing Percy on Wednesday night. 3D dragon for 9 bucks on sat morning at AMC with Percy almost as much on a Wed night but only for 4 of us.

I wouldn't see the dragon movie in anything but 3D though, after seeing the 3D trailer during Alice.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since we've read the books, it will probably be fine for us overall if you thought it was average, Shane. Or, we'll be pissed since it's a book movie. :)

We're seeing the dragon one too though, that looks great. But it will be a weekender and I think we'll be seeing Percy on Wednesday night. 3D dragon for 9 bucks on sat morning at AMC with Percy almost as much on a Wed night but only for 4 of us.

I wouldn't see the dragon movie in anything but 3D though, after seeing the 3D trailer during Alice.

that's cool. My 15 year old really liked it. But the family as a whole def preferred Dragon.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I recently watched it. My 11 year-old son read the books so he was pumped to see this. He loved it, but he pretty much loves every movie. I guess it was good enough to enjoy watching once. I'm sure we'll watch the next one in the series too.

I just realized that Chris Columbus (director) is associated with several of my favorite 80's movies:

Adventures in Babysitting
Home Alone (1990 - close enough)
Gremlins
The Goonies