Pendergast eyeing Green's HC job?

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I know Green had said only 4 years and out. I never considered asking Pender to hang on for two more seasons.

Next year could be a grooming year with Denny tutoring Pender for the HC job.

I really like this idea. With the young stars on this team led by Leinart it wouldn't be a reach to believe Pender would be jumping all over this future opportunity.

Question: Would Pendy be wise to wait or jump ship next year?

Last edited:

Bobcat

Reaction score
CardNots said:
I know Green had said only 4 years and out. I never considered asking Pender to hang on for two more seasons.

Next year could be a grooming year with Denny tutoring Pender for the HC job.

I really like this idea. With the young stars on this team led by Leinart it wouldn't be a reach to believe Pender would be jumping all over this future opportunity.

Question: Would Pendy be wise to wait or jump ship next year?

His next job should be Assistant Head coach, or we will have another Mac situation here in AZ.

BOBCAT

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
Bobcat said:
His next job should be Assistant Head coach, or we will have another Mac situation here in AZ.

BOBCAT

Agreed, this was his first gig as a coordinator; I don't know if another first time HC is a good idea for us. I might liken it to promoting Jerry Sullivan just for the sake of keeping him.

...but in another two years, who knows.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Don't forget that Frank Bush was already promoted to Assistant Head Coach/Linebackers.

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Scott MS said:
Don't forget that Frank Bush was already promoted to Assistant Head Coach/Linebackers.

The Redskins have (2) Asst. HC's and (1) Assoc. HC, so naming Pendergast an Asst. HC should not be a problem for anybody except Bidwill maybe.

Reaction score
CardNots said:
I know Green had said only 4 years and out.
When did Green ever make that statement? I am not saying he didn't, but this is the first I have ever heard anything of the sort...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardLogic said:
When did Green ever make that statement? I am not saying he didn't, but this is the first I have ever heard anything of the sort...

I havent heard it either. In fact, with a quick start, I could see an extension happening.

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
I hope Green never leaves. If he does not want to be a head coach anymore I hope he stays with the team in another position. He is a great evaluator of talent. Something we have not seen in many years.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
He would make a better GM but I think he is better than anything we have had any time I can remember.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave