Pels @ Suns 12/18

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Interesting that the biggest Suns game thread of the season was the one in which they got destroyed.

Morris is saying all the right things, I'm expecting them all to break into a chorus of Kumbuya.

Its a lot harder this year to stay awake during these 8:30 games than ever before.

Is this team that boring or is just me?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Interesting that the biggest Suns game thread of the season was the one in which they got destroyed.

Morris is saying all the right things, I'm expecting them all to break into a chorus of Kumbuya.

Its a lot harder this year to stay awake during these 8:30 games than ever before.

Is this team that boring or is just me?
Even more than boring . . . frustrating.

Management just doesn't seem to be reacting to the Suns shortcomings.

The greatest of which was choosing an inexperienced Head Coach who is too much of a nice guy to make strong decisions. One or two here or there, but not overall.

And is too eager to share his frustrations with the Press after every loss.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I dislike about late games, I usually go to bed late and tense if the Suns lose. I have to ask myself is it worth it the way the Suns are playing.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I dislike about late games, I usually go to bed late and tense if the Suns lose. I have to ask myself is it worth it the way the Suns are playing.
Man, i used to be you..i end up in a crappy pissy mood.
i have purged that from my system. i still watch almost all the games in the season but i am good at forgetting once it is over.. it's not WORTH it.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
According Twitter the game time start has been pushed back to 8:45 p.m

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the Suns are playing Markieff.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, i used to be you..i end up in a crappy pissy mood.
i have purged that from my system. i still watch almost all the games in the season but i am good at forgetting once it is over.. it's not WORTH it.

I'm glad you have been able to do this. I guess I will need to work on it some more.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So the Suns are playing Markieff.

And Booker's apparently in the dog house. Not sure why Price is getting minutes over him.

We can use Booker tonight especially with Knight struggling.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Booker's apparently in the dog house. Not sure why Price is getting minutes over him.

We can use Booker tonight especially with Knight struggling.

My only guess is that Hornacek wants more defense thus he is playing Price. Len is quietly having a good game with 13 points and 9 rebounds.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
My only guess is that Hornacek wants more defense thus he is playing Price. Len is quietly having a good game with 13 points and 9 rebounds.
I wonder if Horny feels that Booker, at his young age, is incapable of learning defense or is under too much pressure to win now than develop young talent?

This irregular substitution pattern all season long is frustrating to fans. Imagine how the bench players feel. They never know if they are the first one off the bench or at the end of it.

I don't see how that is going to help the Suns escape the rut of mediocrity they're in. Do they feel no obligation to their die hard fans to be more professional?

Hornacek, with his limitations, must feel he is getting it from all directions. The owner and GM who meet with him to decide who gets playing time that night and the players who look to their Coach to set a rotation (by this stage of the season) and give it a chance. And one who sets the tone, rather than playing matchup/catch up to the opposing Coaches.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Horny feels that Booker, at his young age, is incapable of learning defense or is under too much pressure to win now than develop young talent?

This irregular substitution pattern all season long is frustrating to fans. Imagine how the bench players feel. They never know if they are the first one off the bench or at the end of it.

I don't see how that is going to help the Suns escape the rut of mediocrity they're in. Do they feel no obligation to their die hard fans to be more professional?

Hornacek, with his limitations, must feel he is getting it from all directions. The owner and GM who meet with him to decide who gets playing time that night and the players who look to their Coach to set a rotation (by this stage of the season) and give it a chance. And one who sets the tone, rather than playing matchup/catch up to the opposing Coaches.

BC, I'm in wait and see mode. It's hard to know what is going on behind the scene.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Bledsoe had a great game, the light seems to officially be on for Len, and Morris had a good game against a team he may be traded to.

Solid win, all around

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker getting zero minutes wtf?? Their were some droughts in this game yet booker gets zero and even tet got only 3. Our offense just gets so stale and looks in such disarray it's unreal you can't find minutes for the best shooters on the team? I'm really hating Hornys lineups, the worst thing is we won so he probably thinks this was a huge success. SMH I'm done with horny he seems to have no clue what to do when baskets aren't falling. Poor bench players gotta be thinking wth give me a few minutes at least. The best shooter on our team in booker gets no minutes, that just seems so ridiculous. Hell he even played keef his rotations are so strange he just looks lost, he has no clue.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Booker getting zero minutes wtf?? Their were some droughts in this game yet booker gets zero and even tet got only 3. Our offense just gets so stale and looks in such disarray it's unreal you can't find minutes for the best shooters on the team? I'm really hating Hornys lineups, the worst thing is we won so he probably thinks this was a huge success. SMH I'm done with horny he seems to have no clue what to do when baskets aren't falling. Poor bench players gotta be thinking wth give me a few minutes at least. The best shooter on our team in booker gets no minutes, that just seems so ridiculous. Hell he even played keef his rotations are so strange he just looks lost, he has no clue.

Our offense was not a problem and Booker has struggled the past couple of games. People want the young players to develop but have a tendency to forget that it involves them struggling often (and in turn causing us to likely lose).

Can't have it both ways

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bledsoe had a great game, the light seems to officially be on for Len, and Morris had a good game against a team he may be traded to.

Solid win, all around

Yep. Len is starting to get there. If he starts averaging 15+ and rebounding in double digit, we would have to be happy.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our offense is a problem half the time they stand around with no plan and wait for bled or knight to shoot. No smooth passing as a matter of fact when they do try to pass it's sloppy and they turn it over often! We constantly take tough contested shots because we can't pass for crap and have guys playing that can't shoot. If you have good shooters they need to be int the game and involved, booker was too high of a pick to sit on the bench the entire game. While the likes of price, tucker, get 20 minutes. I'm sorry but price getting nearly 20 with ZERO points while booker rides the bench is asinine if you ask me! And the offense clearly struggle many times if you watched the game.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Our offense is a problem half the time they stand around with no plan and wait for bled or knight to shoot. No smooth passing as a matter of fact when they do try to pass it's sloppy and they turn it over often! We constantly take tough contested shots because we can't pass for crap and have guys playing that can't shoot. If you have good shooters they need to be int the game and involved, booker was too high of a pick to sit on the bench the entire game. While the likes of price, tucker, get 20 minutes. I'm sorry but price getting nearly 20 with ZERO points while booker rides the bench is asinine if you ask me! And the offense clearly struggle many times if you watched the game.

Defense is just as important as offense. Hard to believe, I know. We scored 104 points and thats plenty. Booker has looked lost at times on the defensive end and hasn't had the offensive game to overcome that. I'm not down on him. He's a rookie in the NBA at the age of 19 (where the majority of prospects aren't even close to ready). He's going to have stretches like that and sometimes the best way to fix it is on the PRACTICE court instead of during games.

Booker is a rookie that is playing more minutes than a lot of this class. Hell the rookie of the year of this class so far is Porzingus with his amazing 11 ppg.

I'd prefer to have Tucker and Price to have as little time as possible unless they are producing. However I'm also willing to keep him someone on the bench when they're this young rather than shatter his confidence

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get your point I guess I would rather go through the ups and downs of a young players developing over watching guys like price, tucker, Morris do nothing out there. This team isn't winning anything this year should be playing Len, Booker, Warren more minutes than the likes of the guys that aren't going to be here long. If we're gonna lose at least be developing the young guys IMO.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Teletovic has been on a roll and gets 3 minutes. Booker is by far their best shooter and floor spacer - 0 minutes.

Glad they got the win, I guess. But Hornacek's rotations are all over the place.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't catch the game last night, so I went through these posts this morning and concluded that we must have got our arses handed to us again since there are only a few positive things posted.

So I go over to ESPN and find out that we actually won by 16 with Bledsoe and Len having big nights, and Leuer posting a double double.

As far as Booker, this is what ESPN says "Rookie Devin Booker didn't play after going a combined 1 for 10 from the field in his last three games."

I would like to see Booker back in the rotation too, but it is probably ok if the coach has him ride the pines a bit after shooting like that. Might do him some good. I am sure we'll be seeing him back on the court soon, he's just too talented.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I didn't catch the game last night, so I went through these posts this morning and concluded that we must have got our arses handed to us again since there are only a few positive things posted.

So I go over to ESPN and find out that we actually won by 16 with Bledsoe and Len having big nights, and Leuer posting a double double.

As far as Booker, this is what ESPN says "Rookie Devin Booker didn't play after going a combined 1 for 10 from the field in his last three games."

I would like to see Booker back in the rotation too, but it is probably ok if the coach has him ride the pines a bit after shooting like that. Might do him some good. I am sure we'll be seeing him back on the court soon, he's just too talented.

Worth knowing that Alex Len buried a sweet looking 3 near the end of the game. Bledsoe's mid-range jumper returned. Knight was off but Markieff came in and gave good effort. And we held a 10 to 15 point lead for quite awhile. Everytime they'd close it to 10 we'd stretch it back out again. Also, Gentry's head exploded during a post game interview and they're still wiping down the floors and walls.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Worth knowing that Alex Len buried a sweet looking 3 near the end of the game. Bledsoe's mid-range jumper returned. Knight was off but Markieff came in and gave good effort. And we held a 10 to 15 point lead for quite awhile. Everytime they'd close it to 10 we'd stretch it back out again. Also, Gentry's head exploded during a post game interview and they're still wiping down the floors and walls.

Alex Len and the team were so happy after he made that 3 point shot. The announcers said something about it being his first 3 point shot of the season. This was a great way to end the game. If Markieff could play up to his ability (his play was much improved last night) the Suns and fans would not have to worry about all these trade rumors.