Pelicans @ Suns Tuesday Playoff game thread 4-26-2022 - Game 5

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I am still in awe of Mikal's performance. How he manages to average so many minutes, never take a play off on defense, AND proceeds to drop 31 points, play outstanding defense while playing the entire game in just beyond me. That man is just not human.
Am I the only one who is more than a little concerned about how he'll perform Thursday night?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
What I am curious about is how badly Ingram got hurt. Thumb injury on the shooting hand is pretty serious. His entire right side didn't seem right near the end of the game. He grabbed his elow once, and something wasn't right with his right hip or lower back- can't figure it out, but something is off with him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, Devin is coming back. And we have some time to get the cams and crowder out of their funk if we ever get there.

personally I consider golden state a far bigger problem than either

The same here. I view the Warriors as the bigger problem. I think the Suns can beat the Celtics.

Still have to beat the Pelicans.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am still in awe of Mikal's performance. How he manages to average so many minutes, never take a play off on defense, AND proceeds to drop 31 points, play outstanding defense while playing the entire game in just beyond me. That man is just not human.

While smiling 98% of the time. It's crazy.

I feel bad for ever doubting the draft day trade for him. It wasn't him so much as adding to the glut of wings but man, he's a franchise player like a Dan Majerle. He won't lead the team and might be lucky to get an All-Star nod over his career but he really helps establish the identity here.

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is more than a little concerned about how he'll perform Thursday night?

He'll do his job on defense- he always does. On offense... you never know with him. He could drop 30 or he could be in single digits. Keep in mind though, Pelicans are not as deep as the Suns and they are very tired. Ingram might be hurt as well. I think they'll be fine.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A few things that stood out to me tonight:

1. Monty was willing to make adjustments. Good on him. He may have saved the series.
2. This game was the whole season. When tied 2-2, the team that wins game 5 goes on to win the series over 82% of the time.
3. This game was personal for Chris Paul. Over 20 points, double digit assists. Great performance and great bounce back game.
4. I thought would really contributed to the win was the early lead. We grabbed it early and sustained it throughout the game. I think psychologically playing from behind the whole game was too much for a young Pelicans team to overcome.
5. I’m still nervous about this series. The suns can’t stroll out there for game 6 and expect a win. The desperation and energy they showed tonight HAS to be there again on Thursday or this is going 7 games.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He'll do his job on defense- he always does. On offense... you never know with him. He could drop 30 or he could be in single digits. Keep in mind though, Pelicans are not as deep as the Suns and they are very tired. Ingram might be hurt as well. I think they'll be fine.
Why do you say they're tired?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dbook paitently waitin his return gonna be sooooo fun when book back in lineup! Hugeee victory

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boston has looked waaaaay better than us these playoffs

They played a decrepit Brooklyn team that doesn't play defense. They swept them but all but 1 of those games was close and could have gone either way. I'm not worried about Boston. Miami has looked better, IMO, and is more dangerous than Boston.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty used the bench which was huge. Payne showed flashes but he canceled out much of what he did and our leads started to evaporate for a couple of his stretches. I thought the spot minutes with Holiday, Biyombo were huge tonight. Gave others with foul trouble some breathing room and allowed him to limit Pauls minutes in the second half.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty used the bench which was huge. Payne showed flashes but he canceled out much of what he did and our leads started to evaporate for a couple of his stretches. I thought the spot minutes with Holiday, Biyombo were huge tonight. Gave other with foul trouble some breathing room and allows him to limit Pauls minutes in the second half.
He's still scared.... But I'll give him credit for realizing his fear and throwing in holiday for some play

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose