Pelicans @ Suns Tuesday Playoff game thread 4-26-2022 - Game 5

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way way to early to say that, especially with his out of control drives in the third.

This is the first time Cam Payne has looked like Cam Payne for a long time. Let's hope his game is hear to stay.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda... I lost count of the number of ridiculously dumb plays he made out there... and how many missed layups. Ugh...
Yeah no he is not. He was kind of but he almost cancelled out everything he did with a ton of STUPID plays and playing out of control. It’s sad but I felt relief when he fouled out.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flex is saying book will be back for the next game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda... I lost count of the number of ridiculously dumb plays he made out there... and how many missed layups. Ugh...

It's the energy Payne brought to the game. He had 12 points off the bench. The next highest bench scorer was Shamet with 6.

McGee only had 2 and Holiday 3.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Really? Because the resident geniuses here said play Holiday. Check. Play Twin Towers. Check. Limit Pauls minutes second half Check.

I would say resident ASFN geniuses did OK.
I actually agree with this. Monty was forced to make adjustments and they seemed to work. Well. He couldve used them more imo

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I hate this series. End it Thursday

Indeed....it feels like we are playing the 96 Bulls instead of a team that was 10 games under .500. I can't believe how gut wrenching this series has been.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We finally shot half ass from 3 and won this game easy enough because of that. We didn't blow the doors off them but they didn't get closer than down 7 in the second half.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to give credit to Monty. Even though I thought he made some boneheaded decisions with guys that got them in foul trouble?

Monty made some adjustments. I think Holiday brought some energy. I thought playing the twins threw the Pelicans off their game plan.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We finally shot half ass from 3 and won this game easy enough because of that. We didn't blow the doors off them but they didn't get closer than down 7 in the second half.
Geez it felt like a struggle bus rather than a controlled win tho.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's playoff time for us fans too...if this was game 23 I would have felt confident the entire game...Game 5 of a playoff series...I wanna bash my face against the wall

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But, to be clear, this Suns team, right now, would have no chance against the Celtics or Bucks. IMO.

Milwaukee? No. Boston? Yes. I think we match up pretty well against Boston so long as Robert Williams is out.