Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul Blart: Mall Cop

Release Date: January 16, 2009
Studio: Columbia Pictures (Sony)
Director: Steve Carr
Screenwriter: Kevin James, Nick Bakay
Genre: Comedy
MPAA Rating: PG (for some violence, mild crude and suggestive humor, and language)

Starring: Kevin James, Jayma Mays, Keir O'Donnell, Bobby Cannavale, Stephen Rannazzisi, Shirley Knight

Plot Summary: In Columbia Pictures' comedy "Paul Blart: Mall Cop," Kevin James stars as the title character, a single, suburban dad, trying to make ends meet as a security officer at a New Jersey mall. Though no one else takes his job seriously, Paul considers himself on the front lines of safety. When a heist shuts down the megaplex, Jersey's most formidable mall cop will have to become a real cop to save the day.

You must be registered for see images

gr000000vy

I scored against Derby
Reaction score
Watched this movie after watching the Cardinal game so it may have been my mood but this was HILARIOUS.... could not stop laughing....

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Critics hated it, so I know I'll love it. Looks damned funny.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dislike America more after watching this movie. I had to leave halfway through it for two reasons.

A) It was godawful.

B) People were rolling as if it was the first time they had seen There's Something About Mary... and rolling at things that were in the commercials at that.

A real head-scratcher to me how this movie is making so much money. A bunch of fat jokes inserted into a script ripped right off of Die-Hard almost scene for scene is high comedy these days?

Oh well, at least I got to see a bunch of people in Cardinals jerseys at the theater. That was awesome!

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dislike America more after watching this movie. I had to leave halfway through it for two reasons.

A) It was godawful.

B) People were rolling as if it was the first time they had seen There's Something About Mary... and rolling at things that were in the commercials at that.

A real head-scratcher to me how this movie is making so much money. A bunch of fat jokes inserted into a script ripped right off of Die-Hard almost scene for scene is high comedy these days?

Oh well, at least I got to see a bunch of people in Cardinals jerseys at the theater. That was awesome!

You rock cheese.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I wish watching crap movies like this made people infertile. That would be awesome population control.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saw it at the drive-in last weekend. Despite being super cheesy, it was entertaining. It's no Super Troopers though.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You rock cheese.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I wish watching crap movies like this made people infertile. That would be awesome population control.

+2. I doubt I would watch the Bluray if it were free.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every movie doesn't have to be cinematic genius for people to enjoy it. I like Kevin James from KofQ which I watched for years so the movie was enjoyable while not being great.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds lame, think I'll pass.

Actually, it looks like friggin garbage.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every movie doesn't have to be cinematic genius for people to enjoy it. I like Kevin James from KofQ which I watched for years so the movie was enjoyable while not being great.

I wasn't expecting cinematic genius, but I wasn't expecting a pile of crap to be stuffed down my throat either.

hell, it's not like I can't enjoy bad comedies. I LOVED Sex Drive. I'm probably the only person on the board who even saw that sucker in the theaters.

this movie was just awful though. just my opinion.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I like Kevin James in KoQ too. Doesn't mean that I will like him in this movie.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on cheese you didn't even like good luck chuck and it was genius!!!!!!! J/K Go Cards!!!!! Can't really think about much other than football this week!!!

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wife and I caught this yesterday..... While hardly something I would keep in my film library, it was nonetheless entertaining and had a number of laugh out loud moments. Cheesy? Yep. Predictable? Yep. Some really awkward feeling moments? Yep. But in spite of all that, it was still enjoyable. My wife went with a chip on her shoulders: She was going to make sure she didn't like it. But she ended up laughing and enjoying it... especially the second half of the movie.

No Oscars or being bequeathed with classic status for this one. But damned few other movies rate 'em either..... 3 out of 5 stars.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Want the greatest movie but it was entertaining.. Some really cheesy parts.. And some WTF moments.. Like the part where his daughter just strolls in the mall oblivious to whats going on or how the police seemily didnt have that part of the mall roped off.. But it was suppose to be a goofy movie, and it succeeded.. I laughed pretty hard about 5 times in the movie.. :thumbup: And no cheese, it wasnt any of the commercial drops that had me laughing .. :D

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only regret is I was not drunk while watching this movie.

I would like to know where skater punks get trained to be ninjas and genius computer hackers.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Didnt laugh even once when I saw it a few weeks ago. It wasnt even stupid funny, which I like, it was just plain stupid.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My 11 year old daughter asked if we could leave after about 40 minutes, needless to say she didn't have to ask twice.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My wife "rented" this from redbox. Needless to say I was PISSED when she never returned it and we had officially bought this garbage. This will never get played again.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funniest parts of the movie you already had seen in the previews. What a disappointment.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Horrible, just horrible. One of the worst I have seen in a while.

Worse than Gran Torino.

Wow I didn't think it was great but my girlfriend and I were laughing quite often. It was what I expected.

Loved Gran Torino.