Path to the draft....trades, rumors, etc

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t seen it. Can you provide link?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/04/07/daily-cover-nfl-draft-opt-out-covid

But some clubs press harder. Farley recalls one coach challenging him by snidely remarking, “How do we know you’re not just gonna opt out this season because of COVID, too?” Ambry Thomas, who skipped his senior year at Michigan in part due to his ulcerative colitis, which requires him to take immunosuppressants, recounts a testy exchange that began when brass from an NFC team asked whether the defensive back considered himself a team player. “I’m like, ‘Yeah, without a doubt,’ ” Thomas, 21, says. “They were like, ‘Why did you opt out, then?’ And then they just started ramming me.”

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

But some clubs press harder. Farley recalls one coach challenging him by snidely remarking, “How do we know you’re not just gonna opt out this season because of COVID, too?” Ambry Thomas, who skipped his senior year at Michigan in part due to his ulcerative colitis, which requires him to take immunosuppressants, recounts a testy exchange that began when brass from an NFC team asked whether the defensive back considered himself a team player. “I’m like, ‘Yeah, without a doubt,’ ” Thomas, 21, says. “They were like, ‘Why did you opt out, then?’ And then they just started ramming me.”

Legit question
A team invest so much in a first round prospect and they have the rights to make even uncomfortable questions

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was how Farley responded to a coach

Farley figures the coach was testing him with the question about whether he’d consider opting out again. “They probably just wanted to see how I would react,” he says. Even when Farley replied that he had no reason to consider that route again because of the existence of a vaccine, the coach kept pressing. “He was like, ‘What about if some other pandemic comes up?’ ” Farley recalls. (Farley declined to name the questioner, only confirming that the team is picking in the top 20.) “I said, ‘Coach, do you not hear what you’re saying? I don’t care what football team I play for. If there’s a pandemic I’m always gonna make the best decision for me and my family.’ ”'

I appreciate his honesty but I am sure that's not what they wanted to hear.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also is Farley an Anti Vaxxer? I am getting that vibe and that is going to be a real issue when travelling to say London for a game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Whatever team was “ramming” Thomas are a-holes. Particularly given his health. I would hope they wouldnt draft me if I was him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

“From short-term side effects to lasting problems like myocarditis, the health risks associated with the novel coronavirus are undeniable, even for young, elite athletes. And yet not every opt-out received the same support as Farley. The NCAA dallied until early August before guaranteeing scholarships and future eligibility, spawning undue stress among players. One player from a Power Five conference told The Guardian that he was ostracized for his decision by his coaches, who promptly barred him from team activities and directed him to clean out his locker. “If you opt out,” Utah State coach Gary Andersen told reporters in late September, “you’re not with us

I think Gary Anderson is an a-hole and would never allow my son to play for him now.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

This i can understand:
, “if their cards are right next to each other, you’re taking the guy you’ve seen play football more recently”

But not as insight into their love of football or being a team player. I would downgrade the dude who skips his bowl game over opting out due to Covid.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This was how Farley responded to a coach

I appreciate his honesty but I am sure that's not what they wanted to hear.
If they don’t take players bc they opted out, good for us. More talent available. If keim is one of those who won’t take them he’s an idiot.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
In every job interviews we must say things they wanted to hear
Personally I’d rather an applicant be honest than tell me what I want to hear. If I have even an inkling it’s the latter I’ll disqualify them immediately.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah I am not agreeing with any of this, I am just saying it is happening.
I think the questions make sense in terms of interviews, but I don’t think they’ll actually drop talent. Farley aside (due to his back) I doubt we see a drop from where players would be drafted. The peneis, gainwell, Rousseau, thomases, chases, slaters are likely to go where projected. If anything they might have missed moving up or down due to additional tape. No one in the nfl likes to miss out on talent.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Rodgers talk gaining traction now. Damn!!!