Passing on AP Good Fiscal Move

rusfletcher

Veteran
Reaction score
The way I see it, the selection of Brown was a smart move for a few reasons.

1.You can't afford to have what ever the percentage would be from your salary cap tied up in two feature backs, where only one can be on the field at any given time.

2. I know no one likes to hear this but, it did address a need.

3. It shows the clubs commitment to a smash mouth running game and James.

I surely hope Brown turns out to be what LD never became.

Know lets pick up some speedy defenders at the DL and LB positions.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good post but still stung from the pick. At least Miami let us off the hook with their pick!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
No Problem With Brown Pick

The Falcons and Dolphins where said to like the kid a lot and maybe it is possible that the Cards and some other teams had him rated above Thomas. Let's say Thomas was not in this draft, I bet Brown would have been seen as a much higher prospect and a definite top ten pick. I glad we did not do something stupid and pass on what we needed and that is a OT and let some other team take him and we are left with nothing. Davis wanted too much money from us and was not worth it and there where no guys in free agency that really would have fixed the problem. Consider the situation, I like the pick.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every time I see the title of this thread it turns my stomach more so that passing on him does.

It may be a good fiscal move, but I believe it's a bad football move.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe that so many are arguing that Brown would have been taken by Atlanta or someone else. Since when do teams divulge their draft plans to anyone? Seriously? If the Falcons wanted Brown so badly, I don't think they'd announce it to the world. In fact, they're much more likely to use that type of statement to get another team to draft him instead of the guy they were really targeting.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson