Parra traded to Milwaukee

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Milwaukee Brewers ‏@Brewers 1m
The #Brewers have acquired OF Gerardo Parra from Arizona in exchange for OF Mitch Haniger and LHP Anthony Banda.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Someone sell me on this quickly please. hainger is batting .255 in AA

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless you think he is ultra-grit, isn't Parra a dime a dozen player?

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Unless you think he is ultra-grit, isn't Parra a dime a dozen player?

A dime a dozen two-time Gold Glove winner. I don't mind seeing him traded from an offensive viewpoint but it appears he was just given away.

FWIW as far as team chemistry goes it kind of sours the clubhouse. He was very very close to Prado and Miggy.

I don't get it.

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A dime a dozen two-time Gold Glove winner. I don't mind seeing him traded from an offensive viewpoint but it appears he was just given away.

FWIW as far as team chemistry goes it kind of sours the clubhouse. He was very very close to Prado and Miggy.

I don't get it.

His gold gloves get a big meh along with team chemistry when the team is in last place.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
His gold gloves get a big meh along with team chemistry when the team is in last place.

Yeah, since MLB just hands those things out.

Like I said, I'm not opposed to him being traded. As a matter of fact I expected it and I'm not sad to see his base running gaffs go away. I just don't understand giving him away for what appears to be nothing.

It's not like he was hurting the team money-wise.

I guess I expected him to go AFTER Hill, Ross, and Cahill were dealt.

Man this roster sucks. Names like Hill, Ross, Cahill, Trumbo, Pennington, Prado, Gregorious, Ahmed, Reed, and Gosewich are going through my head and it's easy to understand being in last place.

Has Towers been fired yet? Can someone make that happen? Please?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
6 year DBack 2 gold gloves fan favorite clubhouse favorite.. And he was given away. Sucky move. If we're going to suck anyways, let us suck with players we like.

Does THIS trade make us any better? Nah

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, since MLB just hands those things out.

Like I said, I'm not opposed to him being traded. As a matter of fact I expected it and I'm not sad to see his base running gaffs go away. I just don't understand giving him away for what appears to be nothing.

It's not like he was hurting the team money-wise.

I guess I expected him to go AFTER Hill, Ross, and Cahill were dealt.

Man this roster sucks. Names like Hill, Ross, Cahill, Trumbo, Pennington, Prado, Gregorious, Ahmed, Reed, and Gosewich are going through my head and it's easy to understand being in last place.

Has Towers been fired yet? Can someone make that happen? Please?
Sorry, but I am thinking what they received back for Parra supports my point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rawlings_Gold_Glove_Award

The Gold Gloves are selected by managers and coaches that may have seen a player as few as six times during the season

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Anybody not named Goldy or Bradley can go if they get good return.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
We got two guys in exchange for one! Can't you see? 2>1

Here ya go.

Smart
My dad gave me one dollar bill
'Cause I'm his smartest son,
And I swapped it for two shiny quarters
'Cause two is more than one!

And then I took the quarters
And traded them to Lou
For three dimes -- I guess he didn't know
That three is more than two!

Just then, along came old blind Bates
And just 'cause he can't see
He gave me four nickels for my three dimes,
And four is more than three!

And then I took the nickels to Hiram Coombs
Down at the seed-feed store,
And the fool gave me five pennies for them,
And five is more than four!

And then I went and showed my dad,
And he got red in the cheeks
And closed his eyes and shook his head --
Too proud of me to speak!

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
This is what happens when you have a losing season. La Russa is in charge. He will make things right.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Baseball America had Haniger as Brewers #3 prospect and Banda as #27 prospect after last year. If you traded Parra because you have outfield depth (Pollack, Perralta, Trumbo, Ross), not really sure what this gets you other than saving cash (which is fine at this point if you weren't going to pony up the money for Parra after next year).

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Baseball America had Haniger as Brewers #3 prospect and Banda as #27 prospect after last year. If you traded Parra because you have outfield depth (Pollack, Perralta, Trumbo, Ross), not really sure what this gets you other than saving cash (which is fine at this point if you weren't going to pony up the money for Parra after next year).

That is the bottom line plus "prospects".

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm too lazy to detail my car. I have nothing to offer in exchange, but that obviously isn't an issue for Kevin Towers, maybe I can work out a deal with the D'backs!

Parra hasn't been the same player since he ran into the wall at Citi Field last year.

With Ross being untradeable, it was going to be either Parra or Trumbo out the door.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not crazy about Parra, but the only reason to keep Trumbo over him is the utter embarrassment it would reflect upon the team.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Gerardo Parra is too weak a hitter to be a corner outfielder. And too slow to be a Center Fielder. He has begun his decline.

The Brewers are in 1st place in the NL Central division. Ahead of the Pirates and Cardinals. My guess would be he can be a better sub in LF-CF-RF for them than a starting RF for us.

GP will avoid the embarrassment of a demotion to the bench on his team. Rather, he is going to a team that evidently wants him.

Not to mention that he goes from a team low in the standings with a dysfunctional GM and Manager to a 1st place team. I think the D-backs did him a favor.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bad year or not, he has been one of my favorites while he was here. El Guante Del Oro!

Attachments

• parra RIP.jpg
    parra RIP.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 82

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Bad year or not, he has been one of my favorites while he was here. El Guante Del Oro!
I appreciate Gerardo, too. But, going forward, we need more than un guante in RF. We need un bate de béisbol, too.

It is not just a bad year. It is declining skills which no longer offset lack of pop in that bat.

We could have demoted him to our bench or traded him to Milwaukee, where he will back up LF, CF and RF. It is always better, for the team and player, to trade a declining player rather than keep him and demote him.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I appreciate Gerardo, too. But, going forward, we need more than un guante in RF. We need un bate de béisbol, too.

It is not just a bad year. It is declining skills which no longer offset lack of pop in that bat.

We could have demoted him to our bench or traded him to Milwaukee, where he will back up LF, CF and RF. It is always better, for the team and player, to trade a declining player rather than keep him and demote him.

I don't disagree. Thought I'm not certain he doesn't have a second run in him. But pollock and Peralta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk