Panthers @ Cardinals postgame thread

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t believe in this they wanted it more nonsense. So were our players just lazy, didn’t feel like playing, going through the motions, or just earning a paycheck?
Maybe all the above. They are human after all. Well paid humans. But humans nonetheless. :)

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Every player interviewed after the game, and Kingsbury, all said the same thing. They had the greater urgency, wanted it more, etc.

That says it all about yesterday. There is nothing to analyze. They wanted it a lot more, they smashed us in the mouth on both sides of the ball, and we couldn't mount a response.
So the question is why we did not want the game more than our opponents did, and why we can't have more urgency than they did.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the question is why we did not want the game more than our opponents did, and why we can't have more urgency than they did.
I believe the tone was set Wednesday. When to be cautious, they decided not to hit in a practice but do a walkthrough. Then the rest of the week was mostly talking about injuries, sitting guys out to be careful, etc. Like I said a day or two ago, the message sent to the team all week was this game was not as important as being careful with injuries. So, we got our butts whipped.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I believe the tone was set Wednesday. When to be cautious, they decided not to hit in a practice but do a walkthrough. Then the rest of the week was mostly talking about injuries, sitting guys out to be careful, etc. Like I said a day or two ago, the message sent to the team all week was this game was not as important as being careful with injuries. So, we got our butts whipped.
Make sense, guess the players got the message from the coaches that it is OK to throw this game away. I don't know if it is a good thing to do as I am no insider. Just hope this attitude won't come back and bite us later.

Reactions: PJ1

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you guys think the game was fixed?
Vegas money ended up in the valley? Wasn’t it panthers +10? They more than covered.
IMO..if the thought can run through your head, then anything is possible. :). And after all, it is still a business at the end of the day.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Marco had a tough game but everything is linked. Minimal pressure on the QB, he had acres of time and space to throw. D struggled to get to the QB or to stop the run. Left us exposed further upfield

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
this game was phoned in, happens.

We all know that Colt McCoy isn't a starter. Panthers needed to win to stay relevant for the playoffs, if they lose it was already over for them. Because from the 3 wildcard, one is for Rams or Cards, Saints or Bucs.
So basically the team that wants the 7th seed has to win at least 11 (more than Seattle, Vikings, 49ers, Falcons, Eagles, Bears and at least 1 of them will achieve 10 wins) they knew that and went all out.

The Panthers knew they had a big chance, we are missing 10 or 11 starters at the moment, yes the pundits don't talk about it, while everybody talked about Rodgers missing 3 WR ... gosh. We miss 2 OL, 1 QB, 1 WR, 1 RB and 1 TE and that is just the O 6 out of 11 starters. 1 on ST and 4 starters on D. At some point it is too much to overcome if the opponent plays with his back against the wall.

This wasn't a trap game, this was a very likely lost game. I knew when Kyler went down, that if we go 2-1 in that 3 game stretch we are great, 1-2 is not optimal but okayish, but going 0-3 would be bad. We are 1-1, with Kyler we can go 2-1 without him, and Steevler starting, I don't know if Kliff can build an O around Steevler, Kyler would pick the Seachickens appart on a normal day. We have to hope he has one on field comes gametime.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Still worth the contract he is getting though. Luckily he isn't getting close to the 20 million dollar contract top tackles are getting.
That may be, but that doesn’t help his play on the field. He’s responsible for the 0-7 deficit.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well said! Agree 100%

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Need them to get the 6th seed or for us to get the #1 seed. Bad matchup for us.

And then we get a bye, cool. Personally, I really like the idea of getting a bye, and having a week to get healthy.

But I will also be watching how we perform at CHI after our bye for week 12. Might change my mind depending on how we look in that game.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Sorry guys. I can't find a snap count breakdown anywhere. I can sum it up though. Too much Wesley and Vallejo.

In terms of the game, you can't give CMac that much space regardless of who is covering him. Simmons had zero chance. Jones needs less reps against run heavy schemes.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry guys. I can't find a snap count breakdown anywhere. I can sum it up though. Too much Wesley and Vallejo.

In terms of the game, you can't give CMac that much space regardless of who is covering him. Simmons had zero chance. Jones needs less reps against run heavy schemes.

Here you go

Some weird things that standout

Wesley played more snaps than Green

Rondale only 33%

Chandler only 67% (Good)

Markus Golden only 44% (Bad)

Alford only 36% when Wilson was getting gashed isn't great

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Here you go

Some weird things that standout

Wesley played more snaps than Green

Rondale only 33%

Chandler only 67% (Good)

Markus Golden only 44% (Bad)

Alford only 36% when Wilson was getting gashed isn't great
Rondale only 33% is not good. He seems to be struggling reading defenses down the field. Remember we are an option-route passing game which requires the WR and QB to be on the same page in terms of where to break the route to.

Golden seems to be mostly a rush option. They are subbing him i base and on many run downs.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, Cardinals are in a good position and the offense had a good excuse w/o 5 starters (Kyler, Dhop, Edmonds, Pugh, J. Murray) BUT that defense better play better than they did against Carolina or it’s gonna be tough to win ANY game!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose