Pac-10 football 2008

OP
OP
Gaddabout

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's worse: UA fans having a little bit of optimism, or ASU fans posting 75% of the time on how bad UA is? That's the MO of you ASU fans. Maybe it's because the Devils aren't good enough to be talked about, since you spend most of your time talking about the Cats, even if it is just petty insults.

Have I not been amazingly fair and mostly impartial on this board? You can see my take on the Sun Devils at the link below ...

http://www.wireddevils.com

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chap, that goes both ways. As if the Wildcats football fans don't slam ASU at every given opportunity. Come on. On a serious note, why does U of A have so many nobodies up in their ring of honor type thing? That has always baffled me. Outside of Bruschi and McAllister there are about 100 names of complete zeros. Can you pay to have your name up there? (not a petty insult...I really want to know. It would be like if the AZ Cardinals threw Greg Davis's name in their Ring of Honor)

I can't tell you how many threads that were only about ASU and only about UA. The difference? The UA threads ALWAYS turn into flame wars by ASU fans.

Sure, there's the occasional UA dig at ASU, but come on. It is MUCH more prevalent the other way around.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I can't tell you how many threads that were only about ASU and only about UA. The difference? The UA threads ALWAYS turn into flame wars by ASU fans.

Sure, there's the occasional UA dig at ASU, but come on. It is MUCH more prevalent the other way around.

I disagree, I think it goes both ways, and at least the 'stuff' coming from the ASU fans is just verbal, or stupid crap on a message board. Some UofA fans seem to really go nuts about it, for instance, keying my brothers truck and slashing his tires outside of an ASU-UA baseball game in Tucson.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I disagree, I think it goes both ways, and at least the 'stuff' coming from the ASU fans is just verbal, or stupid crap on a message board. Some UofA fans seem to really go nuts about it, for instance, keying my brothers truck and slashing his tires outside of an ASU-UA baseball game in Tucson.

And that never happens in Tempe? Come on.

Either way, it's still a hell of a rivalry if you can get past the cheap insults.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score

That's complete and utter B.S., that you've been shoveling since the old site.

Back to the topic on hand, UW is way underrated. If Willingham can win at Stanford, then he will win at UW.

1)USC
2)Cal
3)ASU
4)UCLA
5)OU
6)UW
7)UA
8)OSU
9)WSU
10)STANFORD

HooverDam

Reaction score
And that never happens in Tempe? Come on.

Either way, it's still a hell of a rivalry if you can get past the cheap insults.

It might, but honestly I've never heard of it happening. In my experience, the UofA/Tucson folks are much more volatile about the whole thing. I don't know if its because they feel like Tucson doesn't get as much respect/attention as Phoenix, if they are still upset about the capital/big industry going to Phx over Tucson, or what exactly. For the most part, the ASU fans I come in contact with just kind of like to tease the UofA, whereas UofA folks have some serious hate and vitriol going on.

But of course, I'm sure you've experienced the opposite.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It might, but honestly I've never heard of it happening. In my experience, the UofA/Tucson folks are much more volatile about the whole thing. I don't know if its because they feel like Tucson doesn't get as much respect/attention as Phoenix, if they are still upset about the capital/big industry going to Phx over Tucson, or what exactly. For the most part, the ASU fans I come in contact with just kind of like to tease the UofA, whereas UofA folks have some serious hate and vitriol going on.

But of course, I'm sure you've experienced the opposite.

Definitely experienced the opposite. On this board, as a matter of fact.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I don't even make an attempt to go watch UA games in Tempe anymore thanks to the ridiculousness of a certain percentage of ASU fans. Hoops games are definitely the worst.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well lookie here lookie here.. USA Todays has the rankings.. And although UofA isnt in the top 25, they did receive a vote.. Where is ASU at? hhhhhmmmmmm.. :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankings?pollId=2&seasonYear=2007&weekNumber=1

USA Today Coaches Poll
RANK TEAM RECORD PTS PVS

1. USC (45) 0-0 1481 4
2. LSU (4) 0-0 1372 3
3. Florida (9) 0-0 1278 1
4. Texas 0-0 1231 13
5. Michigan (2) 0-0 1218 9
6. West Virginia 0-0 1205 10
7. Wisconsin 0-0 1114 5
8. Oklahoma 0-0 1026 11
9. Virginia Tech 0-0 1005 18
10. Ohio State 0-0 919 2
11. Louisville 0-0 836 7
12. California 0-0 763 14
13. Georgia 0-0 604 NR
14. Auburn 0-0 595 8
15. Tennessee 0-0 583 23
16. Rutgers 0-0 466 12
17. UCLA 0-0 454 NR
18. Penn State 0-0 440 25
19. Nebraska 0-0 388 NR
20. Arkansas 0-0 360 16
21. Florida State 0-0 301 NR
22. TCU 0-0 233 21
23. Boise State 0-0 222 6
24. Hawaii 0-0 214 24
25. Texas A&M 0-0 209 NR

Others Recieving Votes
Boston College 150, Georgia Tech 150, Miami (FL) 91, Notre Dame 90, South Carolina 90, Wake Forest 71, Missouri 58, Oregon State 52, Brigham Young 47, Clemson 30, Oregon 30, South Florida 26, Texas Tech 20, Alabama 16, Oklahoma State 15, Southern Miss 14, Iowa 12, Kansas State 8, Memphis 5, Houston 4, Arizona 1, Duke 1, Kentucky 1, Washington State 1.

OP
OP
Gaddabout

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well lookie here lookie here.. USA Todays has the rankings.. And although UofA isnt in the top 25, they did receive a vote.. Where is ASU at? hhhhhmmmmmm.. :D

Duke and Kentucky each got one vote, so obviously someone thought they were voting in the preseason basketball poll. :D

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many outside of Arizona still don't know the difference between Arizona and Arizona St. Seriously.

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a big UA fan, but how did we get a vote? Did Stoops vote for his own team? :D

Believe it or not, there are some preseason predictions that have UA finishing 3rd in the PAC. That might be a little optimistic but you never know. I think a 4th place finish is reasonable. If the defense can do what they did last year and if the Dykes can get the offense moving, why not?

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No one answered my question about the U of A honor press box or whatever it is. Can you buy your way onto it?

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
Looks like once again, ua's awesome recruiting class couldn't get their best recruits into school.

Great class stoops!

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UCLA just suffered a pretty serious blow they lost freshman RB Raymond Carter for the season to an ACL in a non contact drill.

Carter was behind incumbent Chris Markey on the depth chart but he was the one real speed RB UCLA had and there were people comparing him to Maurice Drew although he was an 18 year old true freshman and nowhere near ready to play the role Drew did his last year at UCLA.

From what I understand they had intended to use him as a returns guy, a 3rd down rb and as a replacement for Markey at times. Type of kid they wanted to get 8-10 touches a game which for a true freshman is pretty impressive playing behind an incumbent who ran for over 1000 yards last year.

UCLA has been hit pretty hard with injuries this year yet another reason i suspect they're going to have a disappointing year in football.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Looks like once again, ua's awesome recruiting class couldn't get their best recruits into school.
If by "best recruits" you mean one JC kid who was only offered as a package deal and another juco who only got offers from Portland and Weber State then you're absolutely right. Nice try genius, I'm guessing all of ASU's 2007 class made it into school?

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
If by "best recruits" you mean one JC kid who was only offered as a package deal and another juco who only got offers from Portland and Weber State then you're absolutely right. Nice try genius, I'm guessing all of ASU's 2007 class made it into school?

The two players were "4 star recruits". Nice try genius.

ASU is only missing one recruit, and he's greyshirting while attending MCC, then he's coming to campus for the Spring semester.

Last edited:

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
Sat, Sep 1Brigham Young

Provo, Utah3:30 p.m. MDT (2:30 MST)Sat, Sep 8Northern Arizona

TucsonTBASat, Sep 15New Mexico

TucsonTBASat, Sep 22California

Berkeley, Calif.TBASat, Sep 29Washington State

TucsonTBASat, Oct 6Oregon State

Corvallis, Ore.TBASat, Oct 13Southern California

Los AngelesTBAFamily Weekend Sat, Oct 20Stanford