Outside Tour: NIN and Bowie

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
This is cool that I found the other night. Back in 1995 for the US leg of Bowie's Outside tour he toured with NIN. The shows were pretty cool. NIN started the set and near the end Bowie comes out and duets a couple songs. As the songs progress they swap NIN-Bowie band members until just Bowie with his band to make one continuous set between the two.

Below is the video of the Phoenix show. It's professional video that was shot but never officially released. The editor leaked it out and according to him the project was being worked on when Virgin went under which is why it was never released. It's thought to be the only pro footage of the tour.

The video is very 90s jump cut. So be ready for that. It does calm down for a couple songs. 24:04 is a highlight with Bowie singing Hurt with Trent. Also if you look really close you might be able to spot 21 year old me. I had a friend give me 8th row, just off of center stage tickets for it. It was a great show.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I missed that show unfortunately. Janes Addiction is a favorite by mine. The back half of Ritual is a work of art with Three Days and Then She Did...
I was obsessed with JA back in the late ‘80s and early ’90s and got to see them headline the very first Lolapalooza back in ‘91

Last edited:
OP
OP
Devilmaycare

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I was obsessed with JA but in the late ‘80s and early ’90s and got to see them headline the very first Lolapalooza back in ‘91
I'm still pissed off over that Lolapalooza that I didn't go. My best friend went and I skipped it not realizing what it was. Stupid mistake as a 16 year old.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm still pissed off over that Lolapalooza that I didn't go. My best friend went and I skipped it not realizing what it was. Stupid mistake as a 16 year old.
It was rough opening the tour in Phoenix in July with the first band starting in the early afternoon. By the time JA hit the stage around 10 my girlfriend and I were thoroughly cooked inside and out

This was the show Perry and Dave got into a fistfight onstage

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard