Other games 12-25/26/27/28-2020

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If cards win out are they still guarantee to get 7th seed

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we win out, we are in the playoffs, and at least the 6-seed. Could even be the 5-seed if TB then loses at least once.
Ugh. Falcons just had to Falcon against Tampa.

We've dominated the NFC East so that would have been a great 1st round matchup
(4 vs 5)

Then again I'm still trying to figure out how we can beat the Rams.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jags could also pull a Jets & somehow upset the Bears

Ill fly to the moon if that happens

I’m def hoping Trubisky falls flat on his face with some pressure on his shoulders again this weekend, but man... that Jax team is BAD and management is probably very motivated to tank for Trevor.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m def hoping Trubisky falls flat on his face with some pressure on his shoulders again this weekend, but man... that Jax team is BAD and management is probably very motivated to tank for Trevor.

Jags management isn't playing. The players will do their best to win. This game has made me remember Cards-Vikings in 2003 (?) A couple of times this week.

That said, I fully expect the Jags to get destroyed.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cardinals need to take care of own business before I worry about Bears. Football gods never make anything easy for this franchise especially going to playoffs

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
Jags management isn't playing. The players will do their best to win. This game has made me remember Cards-Vikings in 2003 (?) A couple of times this week.

Cardinals need to take care of own business before I worry about Bears. Football gods never make anything easy for this franchise especially going to playoffs

The Packers still owe us a favor for getting them into the playoffs in 2003 with that Vikings game. I suppose two heart-breaking playoff losses to us later . . . Perhaps all is forgotten.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
didnt realize that the only way the Saints jump the Packers at 12-4 for the #1 seed is if SEA is also 12-4

go SEA this weekend, as well as TEN

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
didnt realize that the only way the Saints jump the Packers at 12-4 for the #1 seed is if SEA is also 12-4

go SEA this weekend, as well as TEN

Yes, go for SEA. It would also give us a shot at a higher seed over Rams. That way, we could host the NFC Championship against LA. :)

I do think Tennessee beats GB.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

jags management could decide which players could play or not play.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jags management could decide which players could play or not play.

I suppose so. I guess we can see if they put starters on the inactive list and elevate practice squad guys. To be honest, other than Minshew, I wouldn't know the difference.

I don't think it matters what they do. Jags will get killed. I would say them winning is about 5%, tops.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose so. I guess we can see if they put starters on the inactive list and elevate practice squad guys. To be honest, other than Minshew, I wouldn't know the difference.

I don't think it matters what they do. Jags will get killed. I would say them winning is about 5%, tops.

agreed. I think we’ll be white knuckling our way through the final Sunday of the season one way or another.

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
A Seattle win over LA also has the added advantage of shifting destiny-control back to the Cardinals even if we do Cardinal-it-up on Saturday and lose to Frisco, and the Bears beat Jax. Then a win over LA clinches a playoff spot and puts the Rams on the hot seat, sweating out the CHI/GB game (assuming TB wins at least one).

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
agreed. I think we’ll be white knuckling our way through the final Sunday of the season one way or another.
Isn’t that exactly what we always wanted?

I mean..... other than having playoffs clinched by thanksgiving

We got meaningful games the last two weeks of the season

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drew Brees becomes the NFL’s first 80,000-yard passer

In what could be the penultimate regular-season game of Drew Brees‘ Hall of Fame career, he’s capping it with yet another milestone.

Brees has become the first player in NFL history to generate more than 80,000 passing yards.

Bucs quarterback Tom Brady, with 78,457 passing yards, could catch and surpass Brees next year, if Brees does indeed retire.

Brady and Brees had been going back and forth in passing touchdowns, but Brady current has 573 to Brees’ 568. Brees has none today.

Brees missed four games with 11 fractured ribs and a collapsed lung. He still seems to be considerably less than 100 percent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard