OT - Why I Think That This Will Happen (New England)

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just watched a segment of Get Up (ESPN). And in it they made the point that NE missed the boat by not signing D Hop. They went on to say that they think that NE will finish last in the AFC East. And knowing that some teams are luckier than others, I feel that NE will not only finish last in the AFC East, but will finish with the worst record in the NFL.
And with the #1 pick they'll draft the USC QB. NE falls into the 'luckier' category. So when Drew Bledsoe gets injured, they have to go with a sixth round draft pick.
Does anyone else feel this way?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just watched a segment of Get Up (ESPN). And in it they made the point that NE missed the boat by not signing D Hop. They went on to say that they think that NE will finish last in the AFC East. And knowing that some teams are luckier than others, I feel that NE will not only finish last in the AFC East, but will finish with the worst record in the NFL.
And with the #1 pick they'll draft the USC QB. NE falls into the 'luckier' category. So when Drew Bledsoe gets injured, they have to go with a sixth round draft pick.

They won't finish last given their 'D', which is solid, and they at least have a true OC this season. IMO.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
They won't finish last given their 'D', which is solid, and they at least have a true OC this season.
Agreed....but I could see them with a top 10 pick. That would make them a potential trade partner for #1, if that team (Cards???) doesn't want to go QB. New England can probably offer a great package of picks and youngish talented players to help fill out a roster.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I wonder how long Robert Kraft keeps Bill Belichick?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I wonder how long Robert Kraft keeps Bill Belichick?
BB will never be outright fired. He will always be allowed to retire...it may be a forced retirement, like BA, but he will get to retire and not be fired. I actually think if they can find someone to promote to HC in the next 2-3 years, they will...and then they bump BB up to the front office.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
BB will never be outright fired. He will always be allowed to retire...it may be a forced retirement, like BA, but he will get to retire and not be fired. I actually think if they can find someone to promote to HC in the next 2-3 years, they will...and then they bump BB up to the front office.
He has a contract that runs out at some point. There have been reports of conflict between Belichick and Kraft the past few years. Dude is also 71 years old.

As to the OP, the reported Over/Under for New England this year is 7.5 wins. Pats are +2000 to get the fewest regular-season wins. Their ceiling is maybe limited by [gestures vaguely at the offense in general], but Belichick and that defense gives them a pretty high floor.

Injuries and general incompetence is why teams end up with the #1 overall pick. That Pats roster is so mid across the board that it's hard to imagine the caliber of injury needed to cripple them.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please keep your thread titles clear and concise. We aren't an early 2000's website earning revenue by clicks.

Especially when the thread in question doesn't have to do with the Cards.

Thanks,

OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Please keep your thread titles clear and concise. We aren't an early 2000's website earning revenue by clicks.

Especially when the thread in question doesn't have to do with the Cards.

Thanks,
My inferred point has everything to do with the Cardinals. It has to do with luck of the franchise, as in NE beats out Arizona and Houston for the first overall pick. Just thought that an infusion of humor would be a welcome change. Sorry about that.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My inferred point has everything to do with the Cardinals. It has to do with luck of the franchise, as in NE beats out Arizona and Houston for the first overall pick. Just thought that an infusion of humor would be a welcome change. Sorry about that.
No apologize needed. We want to make sure that someone has a general idea of the topic that they are clicking on before clicking.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard