OT: Watch Ed Oliver

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don`t give a flying F*** .Rules are the team rules.If Oliver thinks he is above the rules then the hell with him and his ego.Enough of the primmadonna types.Last I heard was that the Coaches made the rules not the ego driven players.

Lmao. What world do you live in. Ever heard of " the Jordan rules"

Jimmy Johnson tells a story if a 3rd string guy falls asleep in a meeting I cut him, if Micheal Irving falls asleep I have someone go get him coffee.

Not being able to wear a jacket on the sideline because the coach thinks it's soft is a power trip not a rule

Wake up

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Lmao. What world do you live in. Ever heard of " the Jordan rules"

Jimmy Johnson tells a story if a 3rd string guy falls asleep in a meeting I cut him, if Micheal Irving falls asleep I have someone go get him coffee.

Not being able to wear a jacket on the sideline because the coach thinks it's soft is a power trip not a rule

Wake up

Wake up yourself.Oliver hasn`t proved jacks*t.So far he is a junior who is injured with a ego who can`t stay on the field.1 year of productivity doesn`t prove Sh*t to me.There are other players available who seem to understand the rules and don`t seem to be punks with authority issues.Yes it is a rule .Having issues with a coach sends up a red flag IMHO.Maybe you are desperate enough to want a kid who thinks he is above the rules but I want nothing to do with him.If he has a issues now whats he going to be like when he gets big money ? I say no way on Oliver.BTW Jimmy Johnson isn't coaching this team and Ed Oliver hasn`t proved a freaking thing in the NFL.He barely has proved anything in College.Good Soph season but this year?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wake up yourself.Oliver hasn`t proved jacks*t.So far he is a junior who is injured with a ego who can`t stay on the field.1 year of productivity doesn`t prove Sh*t to me.There are other players available who seem to understand the rules and don`t seem to be punks with authority issues.Yes it is a rule .Having issues with a coach sends up a red flag IMHO.Maybe you are desperate enough to want a kid who thinks he is above the rules but I want nothing to do with him.If he has a issues now whats he going to be like when he gets big money ? I say no way on Oliver.BTW Jimmy Johnson isn't coaching this team and Ed Oliver hasn`t proved a freaking thing in the NFL.He barely has proved anything in College.Good Soph season but this year?

Wow you seem pretty angry.

Actually he is very proven he was a 5 star recruit coming out of high school and he has lived up to the hype in every sense. He's going in the top 5 of the NFL according to everybody.

I wish another man would try and rip my jacket off me lol. That's an adult power tripping on a kid.

If you honestly don't think stars get treated different at every level then I just don't know what to say to you. That's just not reality

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just seen this video what an F'ing joke. Applewhite got mad that Oliver had a team jacket on while he was on the sidelines and physically tried to take it off him

Who does that.

My theory;

Ed Oliver was not dressed for the game just like the last 3 before this. He has a history of taking himself out of games and taking entire games off. Houston is fighting for the Conference playoff. Major Applewhite probably knows Ed is taking the season off to save himself for the pros. Thinking this was a symbolic gesture and those coats are for "active game players". Maybe Eddie had a special set of rules under Tom Herman. Buy his own damned coat and a ticket to the game. 'The CBS Sports announcers speculated that the division was deeper than a coat and suggested that Oliver could have played but is choosing instead to save himself for the NFL Draft."

I am of the impression that this was one of those "last straw" incidents for Applewhite over his star Diva Oliver.

So, who does that? What would Nick Saban do?

You must be registered for see images
© CBS Sports Network
  • Ed Oliver and Major Applewhite had to be separated after the coach told his injured player he was not allowed to wear a heavy coat.
  • The coats were reserved for players who were participating in the game.
  • Oliver, one of the top prospects in the 2019 NFL Draft, was sitting out his fourth straight game with a knee injury.
Star defensive lineman Ed Oliver and his head coach, Major Applewhite, got into a bizarre confrontation over a coat during the University of Houston's Thursday night matchup against Tulane.

The incident came late in the first half when Applewhite walked over to Oliver, who was not dressed due to a knee injury, and told him he was not allowed to wear one of the team-issued, heavy black coats that were reserved for those playing in the game. Applewhite was seen pulling the coat off of Oliver.

Things escalated as the teams retreated to the locker rooms at the end of the first half. An upset Oliver confronted Applewhite about the situation and had to be held back as the team left the field.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My theory;

Ed Oliver was not dressed for the game just like the last 3 before this. He has a history of taking himself out of games and taking entire games off. Houston is fighting for the Conference playoff. Major Applewhite probably knows Ed is taking the season off to save himself for the pros. Thinking this was a symbolic gesture and those coats are for "active game players". Maybe Eddie had a special set of rules under Tom Herman. Buy his own damned coat and a ticket to the game. 'The CBS Sports announcers speculated that the division was deeper than a coat and suggested that Oliver could have played but is choosing instead to save himself for the NFL Draft."

I am of the impression that this was one of those "last straw" incidents for Applewhite over his star Diva Oliver.

© CBS Sports Network
  • Ed Oliver and Major Applewhite had to be separated after the coach told his injured player he was not allowed to wear a heavy coat.
  • Oliver, one of the top prospects in the 2019 NFL Draft, was sitting out his fourth straight game with a knee injury.
Star defensive lineman Ed Oliver and his head coach, Major Applewhite, got into a bizarre confrontation over a coat during the University of Houston's Thursday night matchup against Tulane.

The incident came late in the first half when Applewhite walked over to Oliver, who was not dressed due to a knee injury, and told him he was not allowed to wear one of the team-issued, heavy black coats that were reserved for those playing in the game. Applewhite was seen pulling the coat off of Oliver.

Things escalated as the teams retreated to the locker rooms at the end of the first half. An upset Oliver confronted Applewhite about the situation and had to be held back as the team left the field.

Major Applewhite ain't Nick Saban.

Yeah this ain't about a jacket there's obviously more to the story.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My theory;

© CBS Sports Network

He has a history of what?

This the first time I ever read him having a history of “taking plays & games off.”

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Major Applewhite ain't Nick Saban.

Yeah this ain't about a jacket there's obviously more to the story.
Applewhite is just petty that Oliver is looking out for his future & family & doesn’t want to chance a major setback of having his knee damaging further due to an illegal chop-block a couple games ago.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's my point.

Coaches who could be lauded for the same;

Saban
Swinney

Maybe you haven't watched his games.
I have. Most likely more than you. I apologize he’s not Clark Kent going 200 MPH on literally every play when being double & triple teamed while teams are scheming to run away from him.

You’re literally the only soul who believes & has said this.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Applewhite is just petty that Oliver is looking out for his future & family & doesn’t want to chance a major setback of having his knee damaging further due to an illegal chop-block a couple games ago.

Doesn't matter, coach is king. Players as well as any person in ever facet of life, you listen to the boss. No matter how unreasonable it seems, now it matters to the boss. So it is easy... follow instructions. Could be a sign of a malcontent when the going get rough.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, coach is king. Players as well as any person in ever facet of life, you listen to the boss. No matter how unreasonable it seems, now it matters to the boss. So it is easy... follow instructions. Could be a sign of a malcontent when the going get rough.
I mean, this really doesn’t change anything what I said.

He can be boss all he want to, I bet that’s how he feels though.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You guys need to get out of that Stone Age way of thinking. This ain't that day and age no more.

I for one am glad the players are taking control of there life's. Ain't no one buying tickets to these games to see coaches coach

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This is it. Once I cant use you your worthless to me.

Welcome to college sports

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
You guys need to get out of that Stone Age way of thinking. This ain't that day and age no more.

I for one am glad the players are taking control of there life's. Ain't no one buying tickets to these games to see coaches coach

Why kids shouldn't listen to their parents
Employees shouldn't listen to their employer
Players shouldn't listen to coaches

That is not stone age thinking. It is respect, though, I am sure you wouldn't have a problem with your kids not listening to you, and as you put taking control of their life.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Gotta call horseshit on that one. Insubordination is not an admirable quality and shouldn't be considered 'the modern way'.
This is worthy of a longer writeup, but the game is on.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have. Most likely more than you. I apologize he’s not Clark Kent going 200 MPH on literally every play when being double & triple teamed while teams are scheming to run away from him.

You’re literally the only soul who believes & has said this.
Literally??????? Really?

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score

So the teams do not need coaches and players can scheme, call plays and make game decisions on their own. Fire all of the coaches.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup.

Mind blowing to think otherwise.
Please if you want to insult me, could you be grammatically correct while doing so.

Literally may be the most abused adverb in the U S Version of English.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please if you want to insult me, could you be grammatically correct while doing so.

Literally may be the most abused adverb in the U S Version of English.
Where did I insult you?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why kids shouldn't listen to their parents
Employees shouldn't listen to their employer
Players shouldn't listen to coaches

That is not stone age thinking. It is respect, though, I am sure you wouldn't have a problem with your kids not listening to you, and as you put taking control of their life.

Don't do that. You're better than this. Your honestly comparing this to kids and parents?

I also wouldn't tell my kid she's not able to wear a jacket when she's cold because it's a sign of weakness.

thats the kind of mentality why a kid is dead in Maryland. That's not coaching that's being a bully and power tripping.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So the teams do not need coaches and players can scheme, call plays and make game decisions on their own. Fire all of the coaches.

Don't act dumb.

You ever buy a ticket to see a coach coach? Didn't think so.