OT: Romo Appears To Hurt His Back

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Time for Jerry to make that call to Johnny Football...

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Wow! I thought it looked bad live Thursday night when it happened & much worse than reported

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
All I can do now is look back at how Jones basically wasted Romo's career. The first step was bringing in TO against Parcell's wishes. All downhill from there.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I actually feel bad for Romo. He doesn't deserve to be the whipping boy for all the bad karma that Jerruh and his legion of bandwagon pricks have been earning since the 90s.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Jerry has done a good many things wrong-- but the last few years he has done right by Romo. Dallas has invested in its OLine and running game like few others.

This was just bad luck

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboys...

from phone

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I dont understand the Romo hate. He seems like a good guy. Just for the fact hes a cowboy I guess.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I dont understand the Romo hate. He seems like a good guy. Just for the fact hes a cowboy I guess.
that's exactly what it is. Romo is a great dude on and off the field. Cowboys fans are calling him weak yet he won a game with a ruptured disc in his back. He won a game with broken ribs and a punctured lung against an elite SF defense...oh and did not miss a game that season LOL. I get the cowboys hate, but don't get the people(especially fake cowboys fans) that kick romo while he is injured yet you have a SF QB that sits through the national anthem? just goes to show the cowboys hate and unrealistic expectations are still deeper than I thought because what have they done in 20 years? won a playoff game or two?

eagles fans burned aikman jerseys. staubach was hated yet he may be the only Heisman winner that served on a military school and sacrificed NFL time to serve his country(cards fans know this with pat tillman who gave his life for his country). Landry was a WW2 pilot if I recall correctly. I think that is the reason(in the 70s) that many people not from dallas were turned by them and others turned the other way. it's not the person it is the team. today in spite of mediocrity Jerry Jones brings a lot of it on dallas so I choose not to defend him in most cases, but it was there before he got there because of the 20 winning seasons. the only team to do that now is NE which are approaching that level. and people are hating them calling them cheat etc.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The day-to-day is in fact 6 to 10 weeks.
6-10 weeks for the bone to heal. day to day because they probably are talking to doctor as romo is the type of guy that can play with that pain, but no reason for him to risk that. those bones are there for a bigger purpose and he's already had a ruptured disc in that area. 3 of those weeks are not regular season games so there is a possibility he could be back after 6 reg season games with the bone fully healed.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I mean dude went from undrafted to all-pro.

That's kind of my point.

Jones basically ran Parcells out of town, hired a puppet in Wade Phillips, brought in winners such as TO, Hardy, etc. He's all about the glitz and glamour. Romo on a team like the Patriots, Ravens, Steelers, etc, would have been fun to watch. Organizations that actually care about building a winning culture.

I'll give him credit for agreeing to build what looks like a super-dominate O-line over the past few years though. Unfortunately it's too little too late with Romo. If Prescott lives up to the preseason hype I can only hope Jones does things the right way this time. But my confidence isn't high. (I'm a long suffering Cowboys fan.)

Lorenzo

Reaction score
That's kind of my point.

Jones basically ran Parcells out of town, hired a puppet in Wade Phillips, brought in winners such as TO, Hardy, etc. He's all about the glitz and glamour. Romo on a team like the Patriots, Ravens, Steelers, etc, would have been fun to watch. Organizations that actually care about building a winning culture.

I'll give him credit for agreeing to build what looks like a super-dominate O-line over the past few years though. Unfortunately it's too little too late with Romo. If Prescott lives up to the preseason hype I can only hope Jones does things the right way this time. But my confidence isn't high. (I'm a long suffering Cowboys fan.)
Parcells was leaving regardless but yes Owens probably sealed the departure. That was the gamble jones took going all in not knowing if parcells was coming back. those are types of moves that jerry has to stop making. It's worked for him before and he thinks it will work every time. I actually commend jones for hiring parcells, but yes the wade hire burned down the ranch LOL.

I think the giants are now favored for week one. it is not the preseason. Prescott is a wild card. He could feature well or he could throw 4 interceptions in a route the other way. We won't truly know what he's made of until he has a terrible game and picks himself back up. The positive is that he has had so much playing time in the preseason that he would have never had if the other QB had not gotten hurt and now he got to play against an elite defense for almost a whole half on the road.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I NEVER liked the Cowboys, but I do feel bad for Tony Romo, like many others on this board. It's time for him to either retire or accept a backup role on either Dallas or some other team. His body is breaking down. I hate injuries, and my eyes are always drawn to the ESPN crawl, which usually announces bad news of some sort.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Romo but I couldn't help but to laugh my ass off when I heard he was hurt again. Like, seriously, if you didn't know that would happen soon this year, you didn't know very much. Listening to Cowboys' fans' optimism over their upcoming season was so frustrating with it's inclusion of Romo. He needs to retire or be the best backup in the league, period. Dude just doesn't have the body to start anymore.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know it is hard for most players to walk away from the game, but Romo isn't going to be walking period if he doesn't call it a career. I wouldn't be surprised to hear ten years down the road that he is addicted to pain killers or has a drinking problem.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If there ever was an example of a player being made of glass it's Tony Romo. This will always be my most favorite Tony Romo moment:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard