OT: Rodgers wants out of Green Bay?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just fascinating Favre was 38 his last year in GB, they were 13-3 but couldn't work things out and they wanted to go with Rodgers so they traded him to the Jets. Rodgers is 37 now, GB was 13-3 last year

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
taking some solace in that GB writers are thinking that trading him in the NFC isnt going to happen

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d love to see him on the raiders.

watching him and Gruden go at it on the sideline would be priceless.

He's always wanted to be a 49er. They blew it the first time around so I would imagine IF he gets traded he'll do everything he can to make it to SF.

Not that he's not on tv constantly now with State Farm but if he were a 49er he'd be on tv here constantly

It is amazing, Smith went on to have a very nice career after SF, but that was one of the worst draft decisions in NFL history because you passed on a first ballot HOFer, who was local, and wanted to play for you, for a guy who never really blossomed until after you let him go in Alex Smith. And Smith is a great guy, it wasn't his fault.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If this is your jazz for Rodgers, does Murray even deserve the big contract extension that will be due as soon as season ends? At best Murray will have one winning season and going to cost 40 million a year. So what to do with Murray then?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
If Murray takes over from the worst team in the nfl, to 5.5 wins, to a .500 team, to a winning record in three years he will have earned whatever silly numbers they throw at him.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
This team with Rodgers is not a super bowl contender. All those rushing yards - gone. Then we will see how that team rushing stat looks with broken and never-have-beens rb room.
He’s mobile enough. He still has quick release, can anticipate all throws and step in the pocket ( all weaknesses of Kyler) It’s be like having Warner again with better feet. This offense would be in very good position to win.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hadn't even thought about this until I looked. Another parallel. The coach in SF Rodgers rookie year was Mike Nolan, and the OC was.... Mike McCarthy, the guy he carried for years in GB.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The cardinals are 6-2 against Rodgers as a starter, with two playoff wins. One of the losses was a meaningless game full of snowbirds too stupid to realize they should have bought tickets for the game the next week, and the other loss was in 2012.

I can’t imagine the packers would trade him, this is some media jacking off a preferred market (SF and west coast audience) hoping to influence.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He’s mobile enough. He still has quick release, can anticipate all throws and step in the pocket ( all weaknesses of Kyler) It’s be like having Warner again with better feet. This offense would be in very good position to win.
“Mobile enough” and what kyler provided are a Grand Canyon away from each other. He ran for 149 yards last season. With our rbs coming in something like 30th in run production we would end up dead last in rushing in the league. And we would still have the same defense and kliff. Super Bowl - no.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The cardinals are 6-2 against Rodgers as a starter, with two playoff wins. One of the losses was a meaningless game full of snowbirds too stupid to realize they should have bought tickets for the game the next week, and the other loss was in 2012.

I can’t imagine the packers would trade him, this is some media jacking off a preferred market (SF and west coast audience) hoping to influence.

Why can't you imagine it?

1. He's 37.
2. They drafted his potential successor last year.
3. They ignored him when he asked for WR help in last years draft.
4. He is saying he will sit out.
5. The niners are offering the 3rd pick and a bunch of good players.
6. The packers are basically the same team as last year when Rodgers was MVP - how do you expect a different result?

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why can't you imagine it?

1. He's 37.
2. They drafted his potential successor last year.
3. They ignored him when he asked for WR help in last years draft.
4. He is saying he will sit out.
5. The niners are offering the 3rd pick and a bunch of good players.
6. The packers are basically the same team as last year when Rodgers was MVP - how do you expect a different result?

Because Jordan Love is an unknown and should he be anything less than very good immediately there are no players at 3 or any players in that trade that would make that team better with Love than what they are with Rodgers right now. There is zero chance love is ready to start after only playing the covid year.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Rodgers passing is miles ahead of Kyler and would provide many more wins than Kyler’s feet.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rodgers as backup release colt? Lol i know wont happen ever

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So isn't that actually May 1st?

I think they were joking since there is no 31st.

It sounds like people no longer think the deal is going to happen though, Rodgers to Denver appears to be off if it was ever on.