OT: R.I.P. Jim Brown (1936-2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Best RB I ever saw. He was one tough son of a gun.

R.I.P. Jim.
The very very best I ever saw. Many times in Yankee Stadium with arch nemesis on the other side of the ball...Sam Huff. Great hands, great blocker, fast and super difficult to tackle. Other attributes as well on the field and off. Those of us old enough to remember will surely agree.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I thought he got shot and died on the roof of that Nazi officers haven while running and dropping grenades down all the air vents and blowing up their headquarters near the end of WWII.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
RIP Jim Brown. He wasn't short (6' 2") but it looked like were trying to tackle a bowling ball.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Brown was a man amongst boys. I grew up in Syracuse, but was too young to remember his college days. Without a doubt the greatest RB ever. My Dad would say that Ernie Davis may have been better had he not died of leukemia before ever playing a down in the NFL.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
He accomplished his football goals then shot for the Hollywood stars, but his round table discussions were epic, like saying the running back made the name for the offensive line it is never the other way around. He was wise , and part of the reason he retired early was to let my favorite player of all time, Leroy Kelly take the field, worked our well for both in the hall of fame.

‘Jim was a Full back - compared to 1/2 back or the 1/4 back - if one understands that , one might understand why I think if another perfect season is ever accomplished - it will be with the same recipe of the 72 dolphins, reduce the risks of the pass game, become crazy efficient at a few run plays.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Prior to TB12, I always and without hesitation considered him the greatest football player of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.