OT QB Dwayne Haskins will enter draft

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
First step in trading down.

I never got why people said Herbert staying at Oregon was bad for the Cardinals at #1. That we'd want as many QB prospects in the mix as possible to maximize the trade value for the pick. For me, the #1 pick has more value when there is only one legitimate QB prospect in the draft because it forces QB-starved teams to move all the way up to #1, rather than saying they can still get one of the top guys at #3 or #4. Supply and demand.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You know what, if hes a consensus number 1 overall pick, Ill draft him. Skins drafted Rg3 and Cousins in the same year.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I never got why people said Herbert staying at Oregon was bad for the Cardinals at #1. That we'd want as many QB prospects in the mix as possible to maximize the trade value for the pick. For me, the #1 pick has more value when there is only one legitimate QB prospect in the draft because it forces QB-starved teams to move all the way up to #1, rather than saying they can still get one of the top guys at #3 or #4. Supply and demand.

Absolutely correct!!! Teams will have to move to number 1 to get the best qb in the draft. Puts that position in much greater demand than last year when you had 4 equal rated qbs.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yup

BirdDroppings

Rookie
Reaction score

The next question is how many teams are desperate for a QB and how many vet QBs are on the market. Right now I see only Flacco and Foles as starter candidates on the market. NYG/Jax are definitely going for a QB this year. TB, Mia, Cin, Was, and Den are all possibilities as well. If we are lucky, Brees and/or Brady will retire adding 2 more teams to the equation.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Absolutely correct!!! Teams will have to move to number 1 to get the best qb in the draft. Puts that position in much greater demand than last year when you had 4 equal rated qbs.

Who are these teams?

You need at least two in competition for our #1 to be of value in these sweepstakes

And prior to the draft both Foles and Flacco are likely to be available in FA.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This could be the best news of this and next week.

He is a top 10 prospect at least that is a QB (Pemium Position) in a QB needy draft year. With a good combine he could even get a top 3 grade and than he will be the consensus #1 pick and we could get a handsome amount of picks but at least 3 #1 should be aviable if not more.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The next question is how many teams are desperate for a QB and how many vet QBs are on the market. Right now I see only Flacco and Foles as starter candidates on the market. NYG/Jax are definitely going for a QB this year. TB, Mia, Cin, Was, and Den are all possibilities as well. If we are lucky, Brees and/or Brady will retire adding 2 more teams to the equation.

NYGiants and Jaguars for sure and both have high picks Giants #6 and Jags #7. Denver at #10 and Miami at #13 also have strong needs.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Think I called this back in September.
I’d definitely consider drafting him.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I like Rosen. I wanted Rosen. But is this a spot where we consider taking Haskins?

I don't watch enough college football to know, so I mean this genuinely.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I like Rosen. I wanted Rosen. But is this a spot where we consider taking Haskins?

I don't watch enough college football to know, so I mean this genuinely.

It's a crazy but legitimate thought.

Depends on how the organization truly feels about Rosen, what they think about Haskins, what they could get for Rosen, and who KK (the new HC) thinks he can develop the best. :)

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This could be the best news of this and next week.

He is a top 10 prospect at least that is a QB (Pemium Position) in a QB needy draft year. With a good combine he could even get a top 3 grade and than he will be the consensus #1 pick and we could get a handsome amount of picks but at least 3 #1 should be aviable if not more.

Again, from whom?

No one pays a premium unless they have to and this requires at least two teams who are hot for this player.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Cardinals off-season will be more fun than Cardinals season concluded, isn't it?

As a long time fan, mostly my off season aligns with the regular season so the beginning of the fun starts with the last game. So yes, the fun has begun...

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, from whom?

No one pays a premium unless they have to and this requires at least two teams who are hot for this player.

Teams that need a QB, IMHO:

NYG
Jax
Miami

Probably:
Denver
Tampa
Cinci

Maybe:
Oakland

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Teams that need a QB, IMHO:

NYG
Jax
Miami

Probably:
Denver
Tampa
Cinci

Maybe:
Oakland

I agree with your 3 NEED teams...Denver should move up to need as well.

If Arians takes the Tampa job no way will he take a QB high, he loves Winston, coached him at a football camp when he was a high school kid so they have a history.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does BA still love Winston? That would be an interesting dynamic. Of course, BA doesn't like rookies, so even if he doesn't want Winston, would he make a push for Flacco or Foles?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson