OT: Officially Bought a House in AZ

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Congrats, Prescott is a wonderful and beautiful community. Enjoy it and get season tickets for the Cards. Lots of seas available in all sections and IMO being in person is so much better than watching on TV.

OP
OP
TruColor

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You arrived just in time. These were the conditions last Friday.
We drove in on Friday. Left Minnesota at noon on Thursday, stayed over night in Pratt, Kansas (10 hours of driving), and then the remaining 14 driving hours from Kansas, through Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, coming into Flagstaff right after all of the snow and rain. It was a hoot.

602 Native

Reaction score
Nice!

Congrats.
Prescott can get cold but not ice storm cold like Minny.

Did you ever hit Manny's Steakhouse downtown? They have a short rib eggs benny that is out of this world.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome TruColor! I’ve lived here my whole life (63 years). If it weren’t for the transplants as we call them, our state population would be 1/4 of what it is. Minnesota, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, New Yorker, all welcome if they leave there traditions behind . We’re the hodgepodge of the America population. Just drive fast in the left lane, don’t wind up to make a turn, and dont mispronounce our cherished words to fit in:

And lastly….Saguaro

Pronunciation: suh-wah-roe

The "g" is silent!

OP
OP
TruColor

TruColor

Reaction score
Welcome TruColor! I’ve lived here my whole life (63 years). If it weren’t for the transplants as we call them, our state population would be 1/4 of what it is. Minnesota, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, New Yorker, all welcome if they leave there traditions behind . We’re the hodgepodge of the America population. Just drive fast in the left lane, don’t wind up to make a turn, and dont mispronounce our cherished words to fit in:

And lastly….Saguaro

Pronunciation: suh-wah-roe

The "g" is silent!
I bookmarked that one. Some I knew, some I didn't. Thanks!

OP
OP
TruColor

TruColor

Reaction score
One other note: Arizona is my NINTH state. Hopefully my last.

Minnesota (born there, didn't grow up there)
Nebraska
Missouri
Indiana (where I say I'm from)
Texas
California
Illinois
Colorado
Minnesota
Arizona

OP
OP
TruColor

TruColor

Reaction score
Nice!

Congrats.
Prescott can get cold but not ice storm cold like Minny.

Did you ever hit Manny's Steakhouse downtown? They have a short rib eggs benny that is out of this world.
Never did. Our favorite St. Paul place - Tavern on Grand - is closing in June. We weren't able to go one last time before the move. Very sad.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome and good choice staying out of Phoenix and going to Prescott. I own a home in Phoenix and love my world at home. But big cities can wear on you and become a grind. It's where the opportunity is, but I get tired of it quick. The crazy driving, traffic, noise, even occasional gun shots and I consider my neighborhood a nice community. Street racing is common and I swear I've heard 150 mph pass on the main road nearby. Overall tho people are decent compared to other places I've lived.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I've lived in and around big cities for most of my adult life (Dallas, L.A., Chicago, Denver, Twin Cities) and I'm ready for a change.
Me as well with Phoenix, Atlanta, Philadelphia. It's easy to blend in and grass is not always greener on the other side, but there are days where I'm like ' I wish I lived somewhere a little less populated and expensive, etc.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I always lived in small cities before this. I hate the traffic here so much, I don't take advantage of what there is to do here. I'm not liking driving 2-3 hours each day for work.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See ya at training camp!

Now I am sad again about no training camp in Flagstaff.

So many times ASFNers connected in Flag at training camp. Man we saw Bob every year.

I get maudlin a lot about the great cards fans we have lost the last few years. I would trade a lot for one more beer and cards speculation from Bob, O, KoC, Skorp, Earthsci, Bert, and Duckjake.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard