OT: Officially Bought a House in AZ

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
After years of planning/investigating/agonizing about it, my wife and I finally purchased a house in Arizona. Prescott, to be specific. We will try to move in by either early March or April; a lot to do here to get ready for sure.

We moved to Minnesota back in 2010 from Colorado thinking we'd be here 2-5 years; turned into 13. Really looking forward to being away from MN winters.

Excited to - for the first time since I started following the team in '69 - watch the games locally!

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
After years of planning/investigating/agonizing about it, my wife and I finally purchased a house in Arizona. Prescott, to be specific. We will try to move in by either early March or April; a lot to do here to get ready for sure.

We moved to Minnesota back in 2010 from Colorado thinking we'd be here 2-5 years; turned into 13. Really looking forward to being away from MN winters.

Excited to - for the first time since I started following the team in '69 - watch the games locally!
Awesome, Congrats! Prescott is colder then Phoenix but not Minnesota cold lol

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Housewarming at TruColor's house!!! I'm bringing the Scotch! :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pro tip its Pres-kit like a biscuit. The locals don't take too kindly to any city folk.

Nature wise it's amazing. People wise it's...Paul Gosar. I lived there a few years and it's stubbornly a decade behind the rest of the state

OP
OP
TruColor

TruColor

Reaction score
Pro tip its Pres-kit like a biscuit. The locals don't take too kindly to any city folk.

Nature wise it's amazing. People wise it's...Paul Gosar. I lived there a few years and it's stubbornly a decade behind the rest of the state
I learned the correct pronunciation before I even visited for the first time. It's annoying having to correct others however.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TruColor

TruColor

Reaction score
I've been primarily living in and around big cities since college (Dallas, L.A., Chicago, Denver, and the Twin Cities), so being in a smaller town will be an adjustment. But, Phoenix is only an hour and a half away.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Congrats! You'll love those Prescott winters compared to MN. It's only my second year here in MN and I'm quite sad about our 'winter' thus far!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been primarily living in and around big cities since college (Dallas, L.A., Chicago, Denver, and the Twin Cities), so being in a smaller town will be an adjustment. But, Phoenix is only an hour and a half away.
Unless there is an accident on the 17. lol

OP
OP
TruColor

TruColor

Reaction score
Congrats! You'll love those Prescott winters compared to MN. It's only my second year here in MN and I'm quite sad about our 'winter' thus far!
Yeah, we haven't had much of a winter here yet. But it's coming. It's always coming.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Congrates! Prescott is nice. I've been toying lately with the idea of maybe buying there or in Prescott Valley in a year when I look to try to move.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

I always tell people I am so old it used to be called Press-Scott when I was a kid. Seriously, I went there as a kid and all the locals I met call it Press-Scott, not Press-KIT. However, now if you don't call it Prees-kit you get killed! LOL!

Nearby is Jerome, Cottonwood, Sedona, etc. 89A is a great little drive from Prescott into Jerome through switchbacks in a forest. When I lived in Prescott I loved that little drive to one of my work sites in Cottonwood.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard