OT - NFL Player Poll: Need to double my salary to play there

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Guess who ISN'T on this list! Armpit no longer!

(Granted only 82 players answered, but still...)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...oakland-raiders-least-desirable-team-play-for

The Raiders are the least desirable team to play for in the NFL, according to an NFL Nation Confidential survey posed to 100-plus players on the following question:

"The only way I'd play for [team name] is if they doubled my salary."

Of the 82 players who answered, 23 percent named the Raiders, followed by the Buffalo Bills (19 percent), Cleveland Browns (16 percent), Jacksonville Jaguars (9 percent) and Green Bay Packers (6 percent). These are tough times for the Raiders, who have endured 11 consecutive nonwinning seasons and last reached the postseason in 2002 -- the season the Tampa Bay Buccaneers routed them in the Super Bowl.

I bet that fiasco with Saffold agreeing to a contract for way more then he was worth only for the front office (McKenzie/Davis) to use the physical as an excuse to renege is going to sting a while.

Guy lost almost half his originally agreed to paycheck. Good luck signing guys until that GM and most likely even owner are gone. Agents are going to go somewhere else - first, second, and third. You can't trust the Raiders front office to honor the verbal agreements.

Mark Davis, you are the 21st century Bill Bidwill, which is insane considering I bet good ol Bill would have been different had he grown up in this era with all the coverage and analysis, video, and most importantly had the NFL TV deals that they have today. The players have spoken. Not all of them, but when 19 out of 82 players say you are the worst, that's a problem.

By contrast, considering us, things have changed, and we are actually desirable! Or at least not looked at like the pariah we once were. I'll take it!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose