OT: NFL coming to netflix

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Goodell doesn’t give a rats a** about the fans. The NFL seems to be catering to the elite. How much more money do they really need?
PS, Goodell works for the owners....so make sure you cast the blame appropriately. He's paid handsomely by then to take all the heat, but he's doing their bidding.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as the players want huge contracts they deserve, I have zero issues with the NFL maximizing TV revenue.
I call bull. If the players are getting that much then how much are the owners making? Where does it end. How long before we see a billion dollar contract? How long before we pay $1000 a year for the ticket?
Many of us here have been fans for 50 plus years and helped support the growth of the sport. They are pricing some of us out of the market and with total disregard.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PS, Goodell works for the owners....so make sure you cast the blame appropriately. He's paid handsomely by then to take all the heat, but he's doing their bidding.
Yes, I get that. But where does it end? Where is the voice for the Joe average fan?

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The NFL is getting a little too extra for my tastes. Their hands are shoving too deep down pockets. Good thing I just get the pass and watch later.
Agreed 1000% Stout. My Lord, just get rid of Sunday Ticket already and let the wolves pounce on the carcass. It should be a la cart for fans of the teams in question.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I call bull. If the players are getting that much then how much are the owners making?
Players get 48.8% of the revenue. More revenue, more for both players and owners alike.
Where does it end. How long before we see a billion dollar contract? How long before we pay $1000 a year for the ticket?
Many of us here have been fans for 50 plus years and helped support the growth of the sport. They are pricing some of us out of the market and with total disregard.
By putting it on Netflix? Or are you just talking about ticket prices in general?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Players get 48.8% of the revenue. More revenue, more for both players and owners alike.

By putting it on Netflix? Or are you just talking about ticket prices in general?
There’s like 6 different paid streaming services showing live games now, what do you mean? Netflix paid a lot of money for these games, as did every other streaming platform. That cost is passed down to the fans who need to have a subscription to each of these platforms to see these games.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who doesn't have Netflix? It's so cheap. I almost don't believe it. Are they charging extra for the games?
Because people want to see less individual streaming platforms getting prime time games, not more.

How much Netflix costs is irrelevant. Add up the monthly cost of all of them that have games now.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Who doesn't have Netflix? It's so cheap. I almost don't believe it. Are they charging extra for the games?
I've had to draw my boundary somewhere. It's really not that cheap unless I want to pay for the privilege of more ads.

I'm already paying for: cable internet, Hulu+Live TV Bundle (includes ESPN+ and Disney+), along with Amazon Prime (for more than video, but I'm still getting ads, which have been tolerable). This is like... $250+ a month.

My credit card gives me free Walmart+ which also gives me free Paramount+ (with ads that are intolerable), but still... how much else can I throw in?

Standard Netflix without ads is $15.49 a month. Peacock without ads is $11.99. Sure, I can pay for the ads supported versions that are just intolerable to watch, but why not just go back to basic cable? And do they have content I want to watch outside of games?

The amount of money and the amount of platforms I need to buy just to watch a normal slate of primetime games is absurd. And worse off - I can't even go up to the bar to watch it. They have no options unless their TVs all have Fire Sticks/Roku/whatever and enough accounts for the TVs.

TNF is still on DirecTV for business owners... but for how long?

That's not to mention that it's still confusing as hell for some people to know when and how to tune into the game. I'm used to the streaming world, but my parents and others aren't as much. Nothing like sitting around on Christmas day missing two games your elder family wants to see while explaining you can't watch them because no one in the household is subscribed to a Netflix plan.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
A live TV app with a few alternative subs for a few bucks and I haven't missed anything in 5 years and won't miss a game this year either, and they wonder why people are going underground to find their entertainment content , the modern day "speak easy" of the streaming world lol

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
More and more people will sail the high seas...

You must be registered for see images attach
I have the Sunday Ticket on YouTube, Amazon Prime video & Netflix. That's really waaaaaaay more than I should spend. If the games come on another streaming channel beyond those 3..............then I'll just have to watch the highlights on Sportscenter lol.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have the Sunday Ticket on YouTube, Amazon Prime video & Netflix. That's really waaaaaaay more than I should spend. If the games come on another streaming channel beyond those 3..............then I'll just have to watch the highlights on Sportscenter lol.
In addition to NFL Ticket, YouTubeTV (or cable, satellite, ect.), Amazon & Netflix, you'll also need ESPN+ & Peacock.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have a voice. Tune out. Until then, they own us.
Oh, I have figured away around it where it cost me about $99 for more than just the NFL so the jokes on them. A firestick and a little magic and POOF, I get more than I need.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Oh, I have figured away around it where it cost me about $99 for more than just the NFL so the jokes on them. A firestick and a little magic and POOF, I get more than I need.
Off topic but the new Walmart ONN 4K Pro box blows away the Firebrick plus it's Android so it's full Google TV OS with the Playstore and 32gb of storage for the same price....
Ok back to the topic....lol

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s like 6 different paid streaming services showing live games now, what do you mean? Netflix paid a lot of money for these games, as did every other streaming platform. That cost is passed down to the fans who need to have a subscription to each of these platforms to see these games.
You could pay for 6 different streaming sites for probably two years and it would be cheaper than seeing the game live.