OT: I have ASU and UofA meeting in the Quarterfinals

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think Memphis is a very tough match-up for the Devils. I would be very surprised to see them survive that game, let alone beat Kansas.

But, I guess that's why they play the games.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by WizardOfAz
I think Memphis is a very tough match-up for the Devils. I would be very surprised to see them survive that game, let alone beat Kansas.

But, I guess that's why they play the games.

I agree. even if they beat Memphis, I cannot see them beating Kansas. We can hope though.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Me too double one. I think the first round exit in the Pac Ten tourney will help ASU and UofA. I think the seniors for ASU will come through, and I think Ike is a tough cover for Memphis.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
Me too double one. I think the first round exit in the Pac Ten tourney will help ASU and UofA. I think the seniors for ASU will come through, and I think Ike is a tough cover for Memphis.

Memphis is the classic "what if team". They lost DaJuan Wagner(ballhog but talented) after one year. And their top 2 recruits this year were Qyntel Woods(plays for the Blazers) and Amare Stoudamire(Suns). Most knew one or both would go pro but imagine if they'd both enrolled and Wagner stayed?

Of course I have read comments from guys on the team who said Wagner leaving made the team better because he was such a ball hog he limited the touches from the other guys on the court.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
ASU would be so much better if they could have one player on their team who could consistently hit three pointers, it would make such a difference.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
How far did Mario Bennett take ASU in the tourney? Sweet Sixteen?

Whatever happened to that guy after the Suns cut him?

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
"Super Mario" took ASU to the sweet sixteen after blowing out both of his knees, yet he was still a first round pick in the NBA. He had all of the talent in the world, but he was a head case with bum knees, and he's still gotten many chances in the NBA with quite a few teams. I'm not sure which team he got his last chance with, but I'm pretty sure that he was playing for some NBA team during this past preseason.