OT: Former ASU, NFL player Terrell Suggs arrested in Scottsdale Starbucks drive-thru incident

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always fear for my safety in North Scottsdale.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
"Road rage" prior to this event.

From reading the article, it appears as though the "victim" ended up behind Terrells vehicle in a starfuks drive thru.

I am not really sympathizing with this "victim" at the moment based on the limited I know/what I am reading...

2 things I readily see out of sizzles favor:

1) WTF are you doing backing up into the guy?

2) Why show your weapon?

He's looking at an M1 Disorderly Conduct charge at max, probably be pled to a M3-4 when all is said and done.

Sounds like a bunch of anger clouded judgement, ON BOTH SIDES.

Whoever this guy is claiming to have feared for his life, GT.eff.O of here and find another place to get coffee...

Stupid all the way around.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoever this guy is claiming to have feared for his life, GT.eff.O of here and find another place to get coffee...
WTF... the article says:
Suggs told the other driver,"I'll kill your b**** a**," before pulling out a black handgun and driving off.

The handgun was never pointed at the driver, but he felt threatened, court documents mention.
So he shouldn't have felt threatened when a guy threatens to kill him and brandishes a gun? Is it OK as long as Suggs didn't point the gun at him? Should the guy have meekly stayed in his car and said nothing when Suggs backed into his car? You're making some kind of weird point here.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
No, I’m going off the assumption this “road rage” thing happened prior to being in the Starbucks drive thru. I may be wrong/read it wrong, but that’s my takeaway from the article: prior road rage, then incident in the drive thru

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
No, I’m going off the assumption this “road rage” thing happened prior to being in the Starbucks drive thru. I may be wrong/read it wrong, but that’s my takeaway from the article: prior road rage, then incident in the drive thru
I didn't read it like that at all. From the article:
Court documents reveal the incident unfolded the afternoon of March 10 while a black Range Rover, later found to be registered under Suggs' name, was in a Starbucks drive-thru on Hayden Road and East Thompson Peak Parkway in Scottsdale. The Range Rover pulled back to the ordering speaker and "made contact" with the front of the male victim's vehicle without damage, according to court documents.
Suggs must have reversed a little and dinged the front of his bumper and the guy was probably a little confrontational or Suggs was an cornholio about it.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I didn't read it like that at all. From the article:

Suggs must have reversed a little and dinged the front of his bumper and the guy was probably a little confrontational or Suggs was an cornholio about it.
from the same article:

"Former NFL linebacker Terrell Suggs, who attended Hamilton High, Arizona State University and played briefly for the Cardinals, was arrested Tuesday afternoon in Scottsdale in connection with a suspected road rage incident a month ago at a Starbucks drive-thru."

Perhaps the definition of "Road Rage" is being loosely applied by the republic. I don't consider the ish in the drive thru to be road rage. I took it as there was a prior road rage incident and the 2 clowns just coincidently ended up in the same drive thru. The fact the dude was behind Suggs suggests to me he would have followed Suggs in. I might be wrong drawing my conclusion, but the "road rage incident" is throwing me off.

I have seen this many times during my career too; 2 "cornholios" going at it for blocks/miles, and then one pretends to be innocent victim...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
from the same article:

"Former NFL linebacker Terrell Suggs, who attended Hamilton High, Arizona State University and played briefly for the Cardinals, was arrested Tuesday afternoon in Scottsdale in connection with a suspected road rage incident a month ago at a Starbucks drive-thru."

Perhaps the definition of "Road Rage" is being loosely applied by the republic. I don't consider the ish in the drive thru to be road rage. I took it as there was a prior road rage incident and the 2 clowns just coincidently ended up in the same drive thru. The fact the dude was behind Suggs suggests to me he would have followed Suggs in. I might be wrong drawing my conclusion, but the "road rage incident" is throwing me off.
The road rage incident WAS what happened at Starbucks.

Anything involving cars and asphalt can be chalked up as road rage.
I have seen this many times during my career too; 2 "cornholios" going at it for blocks/miles, and then one pretends to be innocent victim...
Maybe, but there is no indication either way.

All we know is one is in handcuffs and the other isn't. I wouldn't discount the fact that the "victim" acted like a cornholio (LOL) first and Suggs then way overreacted.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Maybe he got confused and thought that he was still in Baltimore.
To “Baltimores” credit: I just flew into there late Saturday night. I was tired and waiting on curb for the rental car shuttle. I got distracted playing on my iPhone out of boredom; once the shuttle arrived (which was nearly 30 min) I hopped on it with my pack and carry on… another 30 min later, I finally got to my rental and realized “muther ******;” I left my checked bag on the curb.

In that checked bag was my life to sustain me the next 7 weeks over 3 continents: PS5 (this is how I stay in touch with my boys), clothing, knives, cords, other electronic stuff, etc; poo I can’t find in Africa).

I then remembered all the people sitting outside the arrival doors who obviously weren’t in transit: beggars, rappers for donation, homeless, and others who just seem to lurk for opportunity. I figured my bag was long gone.

It took me another 30 min to get through the rental car checkpoint and reach the terminal I left my bag at.

After reestablishing my bearings at the arrival terminal, I saw the bag with one of the “rappers/dancers” and immediately thought I was going to have to get the cops involved and authenticate the contents therein as mine. As soon as he saw me walking up he said, “you left your bag man. I grabbed it to make sure no one took it; I knew you’d come back looking.”

Every metropolis has its issues, but let’s not taint Baltimore based on sizzles recent actions. He played foozball in Baltimore, but grew up in chandler AZ FFS….

PS- I didn’t have cash on me, but offered to go grab some or take this dude to dinner. He declined and just asked me to pay forward. I believe I was able to collect on my previous “deposits,” and I was affirmed I need to continue dropping into that pay forward account.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
To “Baltimores” credit: I just flew into there late Saturday night. I was tired and waiting on curb for the rental car shuttle. I got distracted playing on my iPhone out of boredom; once the shuttle arrived (which was nearly 30 min) I hopped on it with my pack and carry on… another 30 min later, I finally got to my rental and realized “muther ******;” I left my checked bag on the curb.

In that checked bag was my life to sustain me the next 7 weeks over 3 continents: PS5 (this is how I stay in touch with my boys), clothing, knives, cords, other electronic stuff, etc; poo I can’t find in Africa).

I then remembered all the people sitting outside the arrival doors who obviously weren’t in transit: beggars, rappers for donation, homeless, and others who just seem to lurk for opportunity. I figured my bag was long gone.

It took me another 30 min to get through the rental car checkpoint and reach the terminal I left my bag at.

After reestablishing my bearings at the arrival terminal, I saw the bag with one of the “rappers/dancers” and immediately thought I was going to have to get the cops involved and authenticate the contents therein as mine. As soon as he saw me walking up he said, “you left your bag man. I grabbed it to make sure no one took it; I knew you’d come back looking.”

Every metropolis has its issues, but let’s not taint Baltimore based on sizzles recent actions. He played foozball in Baltimore, but grew up in chandler AZ FFS….

PS- I didn’t have cash on me, but offered to go grab some or take this dude to dinner. He declined and just asked me to pay forward. I believe I was able to collect on my previous “deposits,” and I was affirmed I need to continue dropping into that pay forward account.
Baltimore had this dude investigating crime for years. That's good enough for me to feel safe.

You must be registered for see images attach