OT: Father of Patrick Mahomes, Patrick Mahomes Sr., faces third DUI charge

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pat Mahomes, Sr.'s net worth is estimated to be a million dollars or more. He's a former pro athlete with salary, endorsements, etc. over the years. No excuse for drinking and driving. He can afford a driving service or even a full-time driver if he wants to get loaded all the time. Sounds like he really needs to get help with his drinking problem.

It's beyond frustrating.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of times, the hardest thing about fixing a problem, is convincing someone there is a problem.
With addiction, generally the person knows they have a problem, but are often unable to stop themselves with the poor behavior.

We don't know what the family has done for him, what they have offered, etc, so to judge them is whacked. (last part a general comment)

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of times, the hardest thing about fixing a problem, is convincing someone there is a problem.
That's exactly why I wish the judge in this case would have come down harder on Mahomes, Sr. Make him miss being there in person for his son's Super Bowl in Vegas. Maybe then he would have reflected on WHY he was missing the game - because of his decision to drink and drive. Instead, it is just another DUI and his life goes on mostly uninterrupted.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's exactly why I wish the judge in this case would have come down harder on Mahomes, Sr. Make him miss being there in person for his son's Super Bowl in Vegas. Maybe then he would have reflected on WHY he was missing the game - because of his decision to drink and drive. Instead, it is just another DUI and his life goes on mostly uninterrupted.
He has been to prison. I doubt a Superbowl means more to him than freedom.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Every state needs to adopt Arizona's DUI laws. It's crazy how lax the DUI laws are in most states. We're the toughest in the country and I still think we're a little lax in a couple spots. There's no excuses for it these days with taxis, uber, lyft, waymo, etc.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson