OT: Dilfer rips our WR’s…

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Trent D!ld0…

Amazing QB

Amazing athlete.

He’s an good example of what’s wrong with the league..

Dude didn’t do **** 2000-2001, but got a ring.

And a job.

Ace clown

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Mmmm I think it is fair to state that the sample size makes my earlier point.
It doesn't. You are referencing Kirks production last year without DHop. 7 games. We are two games into a similar scenario. 2 games is 28.5% of your reference. Large enough sample size to say that there is not a discernable difference. Maybe things change and maybe not, but so far it is a big meh.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Some of you all are nuts! After two games, you're saying Kirk is better than Brown? How about let's see what Brown looks like after he learns the offense? Give him 6-8 games. Right now, he's walking around lost out there because we had no preseason work - Ertz/Murray directing him around.

Plus saying we gave up a "gold" first round for him is ludicrous. We have two first round ILB that are lucky to polish brass right now (jury still out on them). What makes you think that Keim would have found gold? Can you say Rosen, Reddick, Nkemdiche, Bucannon. We have two bonofide starter and two work in process players over the last 8 first rounder picks. At best, that will be 50% which is more like gold plated to me.

Hollywood is NOT the problem!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Good god guys, it's been two games. Can we at least see like half a season of the guy before we say he is nothing more than Kirk?..
Kirk was a decent player. The issue was that Kirk was limited. There are four more games to see if Brown can be a viable #1 with Hopkins out. So far, not looking like he can be.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kirk was a decent player. The issue was that Kirk was limited. There are four more games to see if Brown can be a viable #1 with Hopkins out. So far, not looking like he can be.

The entire offense has been anemic except 1 quarter. Still a new system for him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he can be - he was the number one in Baltimore for the last 2 years and put up pretty decent numbers.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Because Baltimore wouldn't pay him. They found a sucker to pay them a first rounder, who will likely have to overpay Brown as well. (yay)

Maybe, but we don't know for sure. Hollywood wanted out/change for a couple years prior, nothing new there.

He was on the back end of his contract and offered a first with unhappy player, I think only a handful of WR's (if that) wouldn't get traded in that scenario for any team.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Maybe, but we don't know for sure.
Obviously we'll never know for sure, but it seems clear Baltimore didn't want to pay him big money. I doubt I want us to either, and I just don't think people are appreciating the value of a first round pick. Those are gold, and should only be given up in the most extreme of situations. Not to overpay a good but not great WR.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Obviously we'll never know for sure, but it seems clear Baltimore didn't want to pay him big money. I doubt I want us to either, and I just don't think people are appreciating the value of a first round pick. Those are gold, and should only be given up in the most extreme of situations. Not to overpay a good but not great WR.

With a good GM first round picks are worth gold.

SK has proven he doesn’t know how to draft well.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We overpayed yes, but almost any GM would take that deal with almost any receiver, especially in Baltimore's offensive system, so not saying much.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
For those keeping score...

Rashad Bateman for Baltimore. 6 catches, 167 yards, 2 TDs. (12th overall)

Marquise Brown for Arizona. 10 catches, 111 yards, 1 TD. (Tied for 41st)

Seems like Baltimore's #1 WR situation is fine and Arizona's is still on suspension.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Seems like Baltimore's #1 WR situation is fine and Arizona's is still on suspension.
Bateman was an absolute beast at Minnesota

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I’m shocked a 12th overall pick with no tape out on him yet in a big play offense that has scored lots more points than us is putting up good numbers… lol let’s give it a little time way too early to call. Kyler having a go to guy in situations may turn the Hollywood deal into one of keims best moves ever we just don’t know yet!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I’m shocked a 12th overall pick with no tape out on him yet in a big play offense that has scored lots more points than us is putting up good numbers… lol let’s give it a little time way too early to call. Kyler having a go to guy in situations may turn the Hollywood deal into one of keims best moves ever we just don’t know yet!
We would still have to give him a giant contract. That's a problem, and why Keim traded for veterans instead of drafting talented young players is a ginormous problem.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing Bateman maintain his 27.8 yards per catch and 17-TDs season.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose