feed hopkins
Reaction score
This is good stuff. Start around 37:00 min mark if you have Spotify:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this.

Dilfer had some interesting points. It sounds like getting Rondale back isn't going to help the situation, since he also has limited size and blocking ability. Obviously, getting Nuk back will help a ton, though.

This really is an odd group of pass catchers without D-Hop. Hollywood, Ertz and AJ seem like they should be a solid top 3, but they all have similar limitations that hinder the offense to some degree. It's one of the reasons Dortch stands out so much. That dude plays with a toughness the others lack. And AJ Green obviously shouldn't be a key component to any offense at this stage in his career.

The trade for Hollywood looks more suspect by the day to me. The idea of bringing in an elite receiver to stretch the field accross from Hopkins was a good one, but Hollywood ain't that dude. He is a one-dimensional receiver with good speed. He also needs a new contract, and you can't just let Hop go and replace him with Hollywood. Again, Hollywood ain't that dude. Keim unnecessarily backed himself into a corner with that trade.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this.

Dilfer had some interesting points. It sounds like getting Rondale back isn't going to help the situation, since he also has limited size and blocking ability. Obviously, getting Nuk back will help a ton, though.

This really is an odd group of pass catchers without D-Hop. Hollywood, Ertz and AJ seem like they should be a solid top 3, but they all have similar limitations that hinder the offense to some degree. It's one of the reasons Dortch stands out so much. That dude plays with a toughness the others lack. And AJ Green obviously shouldn't be a key component to any offense at this stage in his career.

The trade for Hollywood looks more suspect by the day to me. The idea of bringing in an elite receiver to stretch the field accross from Hopkins was a good one, but Hollywood ain't that dude. He is a one-dimensional receiver with good speed. He also needs a new contract, and you can't just let Hop go and replace him with Hollywood. Again, Hollywood ain't that dude. Keim unnecessarily backed himself into a corner with that trade.
Hollywood is faster, he made a decisive catch near the endzone, sure the last drop wasn't pretty but got hit before having full possession, anyway he had some mental lapses in the past and u have to count some drops
About green im partially agree, he is not anywhere near what he was but kyler need also a taller target on the outside
Dortch lack the size but he is tough, gritty player and is different then the rest of the crew
Moore is more injured then available
Ertz is slow and not a good blocker but has reliable hands
Maxx Williams is far from being 100%
Mcbride i thought he could contribute in some way during Hopkins 6 games suspension, but nothing, even in preseason a ghost
Our receiving group is not consistent right now, the most reliable player is an UDFA

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this.

I think you're leaving out one very important factor of why they made the trade - to make Kyler happy. I don't think that is a minor thing, especially when you are in the middle of contract negotiations with him.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think you're leaving out one very important factor of why they made the trade - to make Kyler happy. I don't think that is a minor thing, especially when you are in the middle of contract negotiations with him.
The relationship is important but they should’ve extended Kirk for a lesser deal before the last year of his rookie contract. A year later he walks, we give a 1st for Hollywood and probably end up giving him the same deal Kirk got. MyJai Sanders was the throw-in pick and he’s probably on dimensional speed rusher best case.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
If choosing to pay Kirk or Hollywood, Kirk seems to be the better choice. (and I don't want to pay either!)

Giving up a 1st rounder for Hollywood seems a huge overpay at this point. Dude is not a #1, and will he be a good #2?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this.

Hollywood trade was multiple reasons but largely because Keim blew 3 picks at WR in the Kyler draft. Rondale was taken I assume as insurance if Kirk left. Too early to say we missed that pick but he's out hurt right now so doesn't look good.

But if we get even one of those 3 picks right we're in a better situation. Also as I said before in a great WR draft we took Simmons who hasn't done much although he won the game for us Sunday. If you have Jeudy, Lamb or obviously Jefferson, losing Kirk isn't as big of a deal where you have to go get Hollywood.

And of course the other part with Hollywood is he and Kyler are close. I think Hollywood can play I would remind the people (not you) on the Kirk train right now that when D Hop was out last year Kirk sucked. he did very little. 10 catches for 111 yards and a TD from Brown is probably as good or better than what Kirk was doing when D Hop was out.

He's not a #1 WR we all knew that. I think he can play.

I love Dortch but I have to admit I still think when he gets the ball imagine what Rondale could do with that because a healthy Rondale is more explosive, he just has to get healthy. But I'm sure happy we have Dortch

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The problem with our wide outs is the lack of size a versatility. This was true with Kirk as well. You can only have so many small players on the field especially when you factor in the running game. We also have a very limited Aj Green, a limited (so far) Rondale Moore, and a potentially limited Marquise Brown. It is troubling that we let Kirk go because he was only a slot player and traded for Brown who hasn't stood out in his opportunities playing outside. Having players who are limited by ability into defined roles limits what you can do and how you can move players around.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The problem with our wide outs is the lack of size a versatility. This was true with Kirk as well. You can only have so many small players on the field especially when you factor in the running game. We also have a very limited Aj Green, a limited (so far) Rondale Moore, and a potentially limited Marquise Brown. It is troubling that we let Kirk go because he was only a slot player and traded for Brown who hasn't stood out in his opportunities playing outside. Having players who are limited by ability into defined roles limits what you can do and how you can move players around.
Imagine if he had half the resolve to address pass rusher/corner.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All this on Hollywood after two games without D-Hop, and forgetting how little Kirk did without our #1: Too Funny!
I agree on the fact it is only two games since Brown started. Let's see by week 8 where he is. And It is absolutely insane to think Kirk and Brown are same. For love of God, Cardinals gave up a full first round pick for a player who is on last year of the deal. That screams #1 WR and Brown currently is invisible..I cannot.....

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
All of our receivers suffer from the same ailment -- poor ball skills. (sans Hopkins, who is obviously elite in that category) You don't need size, which helps, if your receivers have ball skills. Watch Wilson or Dotson if you want to see examples of this in this year's draft.

No ball skills, no contested playmakers. The Hollywood catch being an anomaly and not what I would consider "good ball skills."

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree on the fact it is only two games since Brown started. Let's see by week 8 where he is. And It is absolutely insane to think Kirk and Brown are same. For love of God, Cardinals gave up a full first round pick for a player who is on last year of the deal. That screams #1 WR and Brown currently is invisible..I cannot.....
Invisible?

He has 10 catches and an over 10 yd av.; a TD and a what could have been a second called back to the half yard line.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose