OT DeShaun Watson

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't read them all but I'm not aware any of them claimed rape? one of them claimed forced oral sex. Not saying it's not bad it is but I don't think rape is an allegation, yet. If it was his lawyer would be much more active with the local police right now he's saying he's consulting with them on whether criminal charges are applicable.

Unless Watson's lawyer is right, DeShaun Watson is in a whole heap of trouble.

ummm...when you put you hands on a woman and force your genitals in her mouth that is called rape.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forced oral sex isn’t rape???

Unless the official definition has changed apparently not. I'm certainly not saying it's ok but unless they've changed the law he's technically not being accused of rape.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ummm...when you put you hands on a woman and force your genitals in her mouth that is called rape.

had to google it but apparently that's correct in Texas, they define rape and sexual assault to be the same thing.

This came up in the Harvey Weinstein case and believe it or not LOTS of states still don't define it as rape, but it looks like Texas does so he would in fact be charged with Sexual assault which is the same as rape in texas.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forced oral sex isn’t rape???

To clarify yes it is in Texas apparently. Had to google it to find out. Lots of states, Georgia for example it's not.

The FBI apparently made the change years ago but many states have not adopted the FBI standard.

So if that's true, then Watson is in serious trouble because several of the allegations include that claim

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Supporting Member
Reaction score
had to google it but apparently that's correct in Texas, they define rape and sexual assault to be the same thing.

This came up in the Harvey Weinstein case and believe it or not LOTS of states still don't define it as rape, but it looks like Texas does so he would in fact be charged with Sexual assault which is the same as rape in texas.

Wow is that sad, who knew. Thank you for the clarification. What a wild world we live in.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Boy, I would not want a couple of you guys sitting on a jury in my trial. o_O

Yeah that whole innocent until proven guilty and beyond a reasonable doubt does not matter on message boards or the media.

But with that being said, looking at it from what is being reported it is becoming harder and harder to think that there isn't something going to the accusations.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
State laws can be absolutely mind blowing.

I seem to recall it also coming up in the Brock Turner case at Stanford not sure though.
Seems nuts that the FBI can change the laws, but states don't have to follow the FBI changes

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I seem to recall it also coming up in the Brock Turner case at Stanford not sure though.
Seems nuts that the FBI can change the laws, but states don't have to follow the FBI changes

If the last year has taught us anything is that there is a great failure between Fed and States on many issues.

Ronin

The show stopper
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

The show stopper
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media