OT DeShaun Watson

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
None of this looks good for Deshaun, but neither do the tactics from the plaintiffs. False accusations are a real thing guys. About 1/3 of CPS/DCS hotline calls are determined to be meritless and frivolous. These things do happen. Motivations for such behaviors can range over a wide variety of factors, and money is one of the biggest.

So what 22 women had a zoom meeting and decided to do this? And remember there's more the lawyer said he has several more but he decided their cases weren't solid enough to go forward. Doesn't mean those ones were not true but it could have been people seeing the initial story and deciding to try and cash in on it so the lawyer is being careful and excluding cases he doesn't think are as easy to prove

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
The truth is easy to discover in a court of law or police lineup. Just have each woman separately pick out Watson's penis from a lineup of penises sticking through a hole in a wall with the men's identity otherwise hidden. That is the short and long of it.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
The truth is easy to discover in a court of law or police lineup. Just have each woman separately pick out Watson's penis from a lineup of penises sticking through a hole in a wall with the men's identity otherwise hidden. That is the short and long of it.

This is why I’m throwing the towel in. Right. Now.

love this board.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
His lawyer is apparently now claiming he did have consensual sex with 3 or 4 of them.

I said this very early in the thread and it still appears to be consistent, the original claim on this included people saying that it appears Watson used massages to replace "groupies" because of Covid. the NFL had very specific and strict rules on contact due to Covid and the usual groupie in every city that an NFL player could have if they wanted was now against the rules and would get them suspended. It seems like he thought he could get around that by using massages and expected the women to give him the happy endings and sex that the groupies used to.

Apparently the first 2 complainants openly said that to the lawyer who's filing all these suits, he told me can't have groupies because of Covid rules so he's expecting it from me.
I'd rather take the hit from NFL than go through a sexual assault investigation especially 22 counts.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For sexual assault it's generally estimated that 5% are false reports....but that means that if you account for all the unreported cases, the chances a sexual assault report is false is exceedingly rare.

To expand on that thought, the chances that Watson is innocent have to be close to the chances of getting hit by lightning.

If I recall correctly, the super low false allegation rates thrown about are allegations proven to be false (accuser retracts, other evidence belies accusations, etc.). Unsubstantiated accusations (he said, she said) are not included (and how could they be, one way or the other?). Moreover, unsubstantiated allegations are the vast majority of sex crime allegations. In short, nobody knows the true false accusation rate.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About 1/3 of CPS/DCS hotline calls are determined to be meritless and frivolous.
Hotline calls are one thing... of the 1/3 that are meritless, i'd wager that most don't end up in lawsuits or criminal cases.

And even if EVERY ONE of the complaints against Watson has a 1/3 chance of being false, the chances of ALL 22 being false are (1/3) ^ 22 = 0.00000000003.2. (Of course that assumes the odds of each claim being false are independent, whereas they may in fact be correlated. But still....)

...dave

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
how am I defending sexual assault???

Im actually defending due process. Man.

The fact that there is a TEXT from Watson apologizing about his conduct is quite damning...

If you believe that 20 something women are lying, I don't know what to tell you.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hotline calls are one thing... of the 1/3 that are meritless, i'd wager that most don't end up in lawsuits or criminal cases.

And even if EVERY ONE of the complaints against Watson has a 1/3 chance of being false, the chances of ALL 22 being false are (1/3) ^ 22 = 0.00000000003.2. (Of course that assumes the odds of each claim being false are independent, whereas they may in fact be correlated. But still....)

...dave

Yeah the chances that ALL of them are false are probably less likely than getting struck by lightning.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, the super low false allegation rates thrown about are allegations proven to be false (accuser retracts, other evidence belies accusations, etc.). Unsubstantiated accusations (he said, she said) are not included (and how could they be, one way or the other?). Moreover, unsubstantiated allegations are the vast majority of sex crime allegations. In short, nobody knows the true false accusation rate.
I think that’s right. But i think it’s 2-10% that provably don’t meet the legal standard. There’s likely a large spectrum that just miss that mark to those that did occur but there’s no hard evidence to convict. But even given those facts, if only 2-10% are provably false, that’s a TON that are not and possibly are not. And given how much victim shaming has been historically pervasive it seems a stretch to think women would be coming forward in droves with false allegations, particularly in a society where male sexual violence had been tolerated for so long.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think that’s right. But i think it’s 2-10% that provably don’t meet the legal standard. There’s likely a large spectrum that just miss that mark to those that did occur but there’s no hard evidence to convict. But even given those facts, if only 2-10% are provably false, that’s a TON that are not and possibly are not. And given how much victim shaming has been historically pervasive it seems a stretch to think women would be coming forward in droves with false allegations, particularly in a society where male sexual violence had been tolerated for so long.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

The way I approach the topic is: BELIEVE WOMEN.

But that doesn't mean to pile on men accused of sexual harrassment, sexual assault, etc.

Too often, a woman makes an accusation and the accused is destroyed in the court of public opinion. The reason I won't give Watson the benefit of the doubt is the sheer NUMBER OF WOMEN accusing him. And there is evidence that something happened, the text messages show Watson apologizing for his conduct.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
The way I approach the topic is: BELIEVE WOMEN.

But that doesn't mean to pile on men accused of sexual harrassment, sexual assault, etc.

Too often, a woman makes an accusation and the accused is destroyed in the court of public opinion. The reason I won't give Watson the benefit of the doubt is the sheer NUMBER OF WOMEN accusing him. And there is evidence that something happened, the text messages show Watson apologizing for his conduct.

I understand what you’re saying and the rational you’re applying, but we don’t even know the context of the text message tbh.

The club was really quick to cut Darius Philon, and the case against him proved to be BS. I wonder what he’d be for this club had they stuck by him: I bet he’d be a very grateful, humbled, and loyal contributor.

I had a false accusation come against me, it didn’t look pretty, but I couldn’t say a GD word. The court of public opinion already set my execution prior to my “day in court.” I was sure a couple entities I contracted with would cut bait, but they didn’t. They stuck by me, and offered to loan/advance me for legal monies. In the end, I was cleared, and I am eternally grateful and loyal to the folks that stood by me.

Deshaun might be guilty AF, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he is an innocent man, having experienced the nightmare I had to endure in my own life.

I’d rather let 10 guilty men walk before I sentenced 1 innocent man. There is no greater tragedy in our judiciary than condemning the innocent IMO. Our constitution was established by men who knew what they were doing, had experienced corruption, and all of them paid huge prices and consequences for holding that line.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

One of the security guards actually describes the mood of one massage therapist by saying she appeared "jolly". I can't recall ever in my life using that word when not referring to Santa Claus

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So how come Watson is not commissioner exempt list?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk