OT: Bruce Arians

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t need anything. But you keep your arrogant head held high. You just keep hammering that point home.

My point is simply that your type of so-called supervision doesn't engender support or loyalty because you'll throw anyone under the bus to curry favour with your superiors. It isn't leadership or true team playing because in the end it's all about you.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Kliff sucks, but do you actually blame Keim for anything?
I blame him for plenty of things, just not everything. I also give him credit because he's assembled a top level talented team in the past.
I've hated a bunch of his draft picks, especially Reddick and Isabella. Wasn't a big fan of the Kyler Murray pick either and absolutely HATED the hiring of Kingsbury.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My point is simply that your type of so-called supervision doesn't engender support or loyalty because you'll throw anyone under the bus to curry favour with your superiors. It isn't leadership or true team playing because in the end it's all about you.
That’s complete crap and not at all what I said. I happen to have an incredibly loyal team. During year end performance reviews I was humbled by various responses I received through our anonymous system regarding being the best leader quite a few team members have ever had. These responses ranged from entry level employees to extremely tenured and highly paid professionals. Two employees on the way out the door (one for a leadership position elsewhere and one to retirement) told me that they’ve “never worked for a fairer boss,” and “have never enjoyed working for someone as much as working for you.” And that’s all the while recognizing I’m not infallible (as you seem to think you are) and being collaborative with the presidents of our companies (my only superiors). The fact that you’ve been able to achieve any leadership position with your overblown ego astounds me. I suspect you wouldn’t last long in any organization that leans heavily on teamwork.

the great irony of your comment is that you’ve got it backwards. You’re belief in yourself is so overwhelming that you can’t see that your ego is hurting your team. That was the case with arians and Amos. If arians truly had your stance that he got to keep Amos or he was taking his ball and going home then it was all about arians (or you in similar circumstances) and not about the good of the team. Your failure to understand is this rather shocking to me considering I generally find you a well-thought out poster. But your equating saving poor employees to leadership is like the power mad unions protecting any union member just because they pay dues and they’re loyal to you. It might engender loyalty to you (and mind you, the loyalty is to you and not the company - bad business), but it also means they know they can get away with less than their best because you’ll protect them from consequences. And the better, hard working, conscientious employees will recognize your nepotism, will recognize that the company isn’t as successful as it could be due to what you allow others to get away with, and will eventually leave you for a company that truly favors skill, hard work, competency, accountability and achievement over blind loyalty. Bad leadership. Bad business

Last edited:

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don’t know why people on here just won’t let things go, and move on. So sssooorrrryyyy. SMH

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Gotta love it. 2 guys crowing over how great of leaders they are, calling each other out over their egos. :biglaugh:
Eh I just used the examples of my team members to evidence that a leader can be a team player and earn the loyalty of your team. Make no mistake I have a healthy level of self confidence, but I also recognize I’m a cog in a machine and it’s healthy to keep my ego in check. I’m not arguing I’m better than Guernsey - he very well could be a better leader than i am (i know quite a few leaders who i think are better than i) but rather that I think his definition of good leadership/management is flawed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is laughably off base if you knew my brother. Every co-worker, friend and family member would agree.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s complete crap and not at all what I said. I happen to have an incredibly loyal team. During year end performance reviews I was humbled by various responses I received through our anonymous system regarding being the best leader quite a few team members have ever had. These responses ranged from entry level employees to extremely tenured and highly paid professionals. Two employees on the way out the door (one for a leadership position elsewhere and one to retirement) told me that they’ve “never worked for a fairer boss,” and “have never enjoyed working for someone as much as working for you.” And that’s all the while recognizing I’m not infallible (as you seem to think you are) and being collaborative with the presidents of our companies (my only superiors). The fact that you’ve been able to achieve any leadership position with your overblown ego astounds me. I suspect you wouldn’t last long in any organization that leans heavily on teamwork.

the great irony of your comment is that you’ve got it backwards. You’re belief in yourself is so overwhelming that you can’t see that your ego is hurting your team. That was the case with arians and Amos. If arians truly had your stance that he got to keep Amos or he was taking his ball and going home then it was all about arians (or you in similar circumstances) and not about the good of the team. Your failure to understand is this rather shocking to me considering I generally find you a well-thought out poster. But your equating saving poor employees to leadership is like the power mad unions protecting any union member just because they pay dues and they’re loyal to you. It might engender loyalty to you (and mind you, the loyalty is to you and not the company - bad business), but it also means they know they can get away with less than their best because you’ll protect them from consequences. And the better, hard working, conscientious employees will recognize your nepotism, will recognize that the company isn’t as successful as it could be due to what you allow others to get away with, and will eventually leave you for a company that truly favors skill, hard work, competency, accountability and achievement over blind loyalty. Bad leadership. Bad business

I can trot out glowing notes from former colleagues that have moved on, and one theme found in these missives is that they felt respected, supported and knew that I would act in their best interests. In another words, I had their back, IF required. My team has been better for it. No one gets to slide, to fudge, and take advantage of what you describe as my ego. We manage the corporate affairs for one of the largest natural resource companies in the world with over 200K employees. Notice that I said "we" and that's the key to our ongoing success. I report to an executive board of which I'm a member on a host of internal and external activities, including government affairs and subsets of mergers and acquisitions. I'm here on merit and continue in my functions because "we" deliver.

Apart from one issue, approach... I don't think we'd find much difference in our actual styles.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I can trot out glowing notes from former colleagues that have moved on, and one theme found in these missives is that they felt respected, supported and knew that I would act in their best interests. In another words, I had their back, IF required. My team has been better for it. No one gets to slide, to fudge, and take advantage of what you describe as my ego. We manage the corporate affairs for one of the largest natural resource companies in the world with over 200K employees. Notice that I said "we" and that's the key to our ongoing success. I report to an executive board of which I'm a member on a host of internal and external activities, including government affairs and subsets of mergers and acquisitions. I'm here on merit and continue in my functions because "we" deliver.

Apart from one issue, approach... I don't think we'd find much difference in our actual styles.
I’ve been chuckling to myself that I believe we are likely much more alike than different and recognizing that the gray areas between our arguments are most likely where we pragmatically dwell.

but at least now everyone on ASFN knows how important we are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson