OT - Appealing an ejection

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has ever appealed being ejected. Successfully or unsuccessfully. What the process is if any and who do you contact. After 26 years I was ejected last night in the 4th quarter. Not sure why as no reason was given except the lady told me she was collecting reports. I am no way in hell paying 250 dollars to take a class online.

Apparently telling someone to sit down and shut up as they are threatening fans 3 rows in front of them for standing is a ejectable crime. Again assuming since the lady did not tell me as to why.

I informed the lady I have hearing loss and could not understand everything she was saying up on the concourse. She became upset and said we are going to the ejection area. Once there I could actually have a conversation with her but she refused. Sad when the 3 DPS Officers apologize and one follows you out to apologize and stress they had nothing to do with the decision and thought it was ridiculous.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
They make you take an online class??? Before you can go to another game???

This is precisely why I don't go to games anymore. Haven't been in over 3 years, because I can't deal with the idiots anymore. Once I can make enough money to sit at the club level, I will do it, but no more sitting in the general stadium area. Fans are idiots, and so are the ushers.

OP
OP
Borderrat

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
In full disclosure as I talk to people I was with and get more information I do not want to sound like a saint and have people think I was magically picked out. But bottom line is the SAFE People are a joke and very unprofessional. I guess you have to be the first one to complain or just complain for the sake of it.

At the start of the game I made comments about Michael Bennett and the rest of the players that sit for the Anthem. These were made to my girlfriend. A Seahawk female fan turned around and asked why I had to be like that. I told her I was not talking to her and turn around. Her husband chimed in and words were exchanged. A few minutes later when I got up to hit the restroom I apologized to them if there was a misunderstanding and explained I was speaking to my GF and not directing my statements to anyone else. I told them I am in law enforcement and do not appreciate the protests. The couple ended up they bought me a beer and we chatted during the game. End of that story.

4th quarter the 3 Cardinals fans yelling at people 3 rows in front of them. They were drunk. Several people including me told them to shut up. Words were exchanged. They had to hold the drunkest one back. We all sat down and watched the game. Thought that was done and over. 5 minutes later SAFE shows up. One female to speak with the 3 Cards fans. A few minutes later a lady comes down my row and tells me to come with her. No idea who she is. Cannot see her shirt. No identification. Story goes on and I get ejected.

I have found out that 2 Seahawks fans at the end of our row who I had zero interaction with complained in the 4th quarter about my discussion with the Seahawks fans in the 1st quarter. None of their business and they had no idea what transpired. That and the 3 drunk Cards fans equal enough for an ejection. No chance to file my complaint. No chance to explain. They would not even go talk to the Seahawks fans that bought me a beer.

Just a heads up. I know it has been posted before but I guess the first one to text or complain regardless of their actions stays. You get the boot.

Again and advice or help is appreciated.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's some BS right there. I've never been violent at a game but this kind of stuff makes me not even want to go.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In full disclosure as I talk to people I was with and get more information I do not want to sound like a saint and have people think I was magically picked out. But bottom line is the SAFE People are a joke and very unprofessional. I guess you have to be the first one to complain or just complain for the sake of it.

At the start of the game I made comments about Michael Bennett and the rest of the players that sit for the Anthem. These were made to my girlfriend. A Seahawk female fan turned around and asked why I had to be like that. I told her I was not talking to her and turn around. Her husband chimed in and words were exchanged. A few minutes later when I got up to hit the restroom I apologized to them if there was a misunderstanding and explained I was speaking to my GF and not directing my statements to anyone else. I told them I am in law enforcement and do not appreciate the protests. The couple ended up they bought me a beer and we chatted during the game. End of that story.

4th quarter the 3 Cardinals fans yelling at people 3 rows in front of them. They were drunk. Several people including me told them to shut up. Words were exchanged. They had to hold the drunkest one back. We all sat down and watched the game. Thought that was done and over. 5 minutes later SAFE shows up. One female to speak with the 3 Cards fans. A few minutes later a lady comes down my row and tells me to come with her. No idea who she is. Cannot see her shirt. No identification. Story goes on and I get ejected.

I have found out that 2 Seahawks fans at the end of our row who I had zero interaction with complained in the 4th quarter about my discussion with the Seahawks fans in the 1st quarter. None of their business and they had no idea what transpired. That and the 3 drunk Cards fans equal enough for an ejection. No chance to file my complaint. No chance to explain. They would not even go talk to the Seahawks fans that bought me a beer.

Just a heads up. I know it has been posted before but I guess the first one to text or complain regardless of their actions stays. You get the boot.

Again and advice or help is appreciated.

I used to have tons of problems with Seahawks fans when my seats were in the upper level. It was always visiting fans complaining and getting SAFE called on them. Haven't had issues since moving down to the lower level. Last night we had a couple hawks fans who were obnoxious to start, but after we all went back and forth for a while we ended up having a lot of fun with them.

This sounds like same old story we have heard so many times about SAFE coddling visiting fans.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reach out to the Cardinals via email and explain what happened or post about what happened on their facebook page. Ridiculous. SAFE really does seem to target the home fans and go out of their way to coddle visiting fans.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wait. An online class? Or what? They revoke your season tickets? Posting a picture with a racial slur I can see but for this? Dumb and a bit of an overreaction.

OP
OP
Borderrat

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
They did not revoke my tickets. I was not arrested. I was not even interviewed by DPS Officers or by SAFE (apparently the SAFE staff did not want to deal with someone that has a hearing problem). Actually had a nice conversation with the DPS Officers as I stood there waiting for an explanation.

I was given a notice with a website to take a 4 hour online class that costs $250 dollars. If you take the class a notice is sent to SAFE and you are cleared to return. If you return without taking the class you can be arrested for trespassing. Not sure if this is something new or they had nothing on me and this was their way out.

Anyway that is not happening. I will try the suggested ways you have offered. Thanks. If not we have decided to let the 8 tickets we have had for 26 or 27 years go and not renew next season. We have had as many as 11 season tickets and were considering upgrading to Club Section. Love the lower level and fans but it seems as has been mentioned that even standing these days gets you kicked out. Especially with the Cardinals playing poorly and the stadium being taken over by opposing fans once again. As my friend from Chicago said "WTF it is a football game".

One other interesting note and some advice. Film it on your camera for evidence. Yes I am in law enforcement. I do not have a problem with anyone filming my actions as long as it is safely done. I have nothing to hide and I believe it prevents any false accusation against me. The SAFE lady spent more time yelling at someone that was recording on their cell phone that she did not give them permission. Followed by her taking a swipe at their cell phone with her hand. I did not get the video unfortunately. The SAFE lady accused my girlfriend of throwing our tickets at her. Hard to do when they are in a lanyard around her neck. So yes she was poorly trained, un professional, never once identified herself, never asked for anything but demanded and not beyond lying.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd suggest what BIM says. Call the ticket office and explain what happened. Outside of a fight or similar I don't think I've ever seen someone get kicked out w/o a warning of some kind. I've even seen people come back down after being talked to. If they didn't give you any warning that should play in your favor, I'd hope.

The whole texting incidents is a double edged sword, imo. Someone can basically complain about you and you'd never know who it was. There could have been 3 or 4 texts come in that you'd never have known about. If DPS ain't got a problem with it, neither should the Cards, imo.

Curious, what section?

OP
OP
Borderrat

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
Section 109. It seems we lose people every year and get jerks or opposing fans as replacements.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You're two sections over from me - 107. Definitely call the ticket office. If you've never had an issue, I'd hope they'd have some understanding. It's important, imo, the fans behind the Cards bench stay Cards fans.

OP
OP
Borderrat

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
We have four tickets in 109 where we sit and four in 107 that friends usually buy or use. Sat there a few times. We have sold them on stubhub years past occasionally but made an effort to sell or give only to Cardinals fans. The ones in 109 might be up for sale for the last four home games.